Monday, February 09, 2009

Chronicles of the Homeschooled Cat

This week we are learning the basics of Chemistry in Science. We talked about matter today. (My smart alec child said "what's the maddah with you?") The Kindergarten objective was to let the child know that EVERYTHING has matter. To bring the point home, I gave the two little ones 5 index cards with the word "matter" printed on them and had them go around and place them on matter. They really wanted to tape it to the cat. I think he knew that and kept running from them.

So...needless to say, just prior to lunch I saw this:





Poor Kitty....and yes he's really learning in our home...he's figured out how to open the doors (we have lever handles on our inner doors) and the storm blinds (No easy feat since it takes me pulling with my weight to lift them...he uses his teeth). I guess homeschool suits Smudge well.

8 comments:

Noodle said...

LOL. Hey, you can make it your motto -- EVERYONE learns in our house! :)

Ruth said...

Oh my, he is one patient cat!!

Jen said...

LOL!!!!! I can just picture the kiddos chasing the cat down! Thanks for the smile today!! :)

Aleta said...

LOL! Too funny!

Missus Wookie said...

I hope you are going to scrap this evidence of early scientific genius! Poor puss, ours jump up onto laps for a long fuss while listening to history... they are educated felines :)

Geri said...

LOL!
This is just to cute! Your kids did the assignment correctly! I think you should scrap this photo and tell the story ... 5 years from now you may have forgotten how cute kids are when they are little.

Betsie Morris said...

Hahahahaha! Poor kitty, but I think your kids are awesome! So something I would want my kids to do. LOL!

Julie said...

*LOL* Oh how funny! Love the drawing in the post above this one and the poor kitty! No wonder she is hiding. *L*