Wednesday, February 01, 2023

February 2023 - CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

 It's the first of the month and it's time for another inspiration kit reveal from Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!  This month, Master Forger Cindy, chose a lovely kit from Cocoa Daisy from February 2
022
, called Elegance Blooms!   It's been a hot minute since we have counterfeited a kit from Cocoa Daisy so I am so excited.  Let's take a look at the kit this month: 

 
 
Let's pause a minute and meet our Guest Designer, Karen, for the month of February!

I am a newly retired Neonatal Nurse Practitioner that loves being home now full time with my 5 rescue dogs and 2 cats and catching up on all of my scrappy fun that I have so missed over the years when I was working! I started scrapbooking in the early 90's with Creative Memories shortly after I got married. At the time my Husband was Active Duty in the Submarine Service so had LOTS of time on my hands when he deployed to keep busy, thank goodness for scrapping! I also love jewlery making, reading, and travel, looking forward to checking off places on my Bucket List one at a time! I am also a Certified Pet Massage Practitioner, but unfortunately, with physical limitations and progressive arthritis, I have not been able to continue with this as a business, but enjoy the occasional massages I can provide the rescue dogs at local shelters. I am so happy I found CKC and love seeing what you all are able to do with shopping your own stash, so so inspiring! I like to scrap non chronologically with what I am in the mood to do that particular day and try and do something in my crafty space everyday! It is truly my therapy in this crazy world...Thank you all so much for having me this month, it is truly an honor!!!


 Now, let's look at some more detailed photos of our inspiration kit!

 
Papers from the kit!  I love the colors in this kit!!!  
 

 
Here's a little bit of a close-up of those papers. I really like the peachy pink one with hearts.
 

 
Pocket cards....I have come to the conclusion that these are really just not my jam.  However, I happen to have a TON of them so will be making sure that I use a few this month. 

 
Some of the embellishments in the kit.  I see chipboard or ephemera pieces, phrase or word stickers, florals, frames, enamel dots, tags, journal spots.


This photos shows us even more embellishments.  I see label stickers, alphas, enamel hearts, and washi strips.  Lots of pretty colors to choose from in this kit.  So that leads where I went with this kit! I dug through my stash looking for that multi-color chevron patterned paper because it really reminded me of My Mind's Eye.  MME has always been my favorite paper company....well, until they stopped making it!  AHHHHH.  Anyway, I looked for a piece of paper in my MME files that matched that chevron and as I pulled, I just pulled all of my papers from MME! They are from a couple different collections. 

Cocoa Daisy has a main kit and then tons of add-on kits, so I set up my own kits sort of like that this month!  My main kit has lots and lots of pink and that robin's egg blue.  It reminds me of Spring! 


There's a little bit of everything in there!  Here's a closer look at my patterned papers!  There are 18 full-sized papers and three scraps. 


I did something strange though.  I chose MORE patterned papers and I am calling them my Background Papers Add-On kit!  I found so many ledger and grids and a woodgrain too.  They are all perfect for a background!  Don't you think??


There's at least ten more sheets of patterned paper in that photo because there are more than one of some of them.  That's approximately 28 patterned papers in this kit. PLUS those scraps.  I also did something else crazy!  I was tearing apart old packs of Elle's Studio kits and each one had a lovely grid backing.  I snagged those and put those in my kit too.  I love to make journaling spots out of stuff like that!!  The light green doesn't quite go with my kit but I included it anyway.


I also created a rather large embellishment kit add-on for my kit!!!  



As you can see, I have lots to choose from just like always.  There's a plethora of themes in my phrase stickers so I can scrapbook spring or even summer photos and it will work! 

I also added a Thickers alpha and phrases/titles add-on!  Note my main kit has the blue alpha.  This add-on gives me more choices.


Last, I created a stamp add-on kit.  I NEED to use my stamps more often and including them in my kits helps me to remember to do so. 


I will remove the Close To My Heart stamps from their envelopes this month and put them in the same style the deer set is in so that I can incorporate them all into my stamp stash instead of having regular stamps AND CTMH stamp sets. That's an organizational goal I have had for over a year and I am very slow at getting it done.  So, I though I would start pulling them for my kits and then making myself do the swap during the month. 

Make sure you check out our Blog Hop, which has become more of a Social Media Hop these days since we have members who use Instagram and/or YouTube rather than a blog.  We're growing!!! 

 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  I can't wait to see your kits and projects for February over on our FaceBook Group!!  Have a great day!



5 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Very comprehensive kit with softer colours. Love it!

Clair said...

Oh, Tara! I love your kits so much! Those papers (especially the ledgers) have me all *heart eyes* and I want to have a rummage through those embellishments! x

cinmfoster said...

Tara, what an awesome kit. I agree with the pocket cards and I'm trying to use a few each month. Lovely kit.

Misty said...

I love your add-on approach. Your normally big kitting got even bigger! But seeing how many layouts you are getting done, I know you can use those huge kits. Fantastic!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Testing 1-2-3 LOOKS PROMISING!!!