Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Resurrection Rolls






Wow! It was a LONG ole day! I didn't get to these until bed time but I love to do them because I definitely don't want the kids to think of Easter as bunnies and chocolates but about our risen Lord. We haven't gone to church on Easter in a couple of years now. This year my excuse is I haven't found a church (never mind I haven't looked too fervently but that is another discussion).

Recipe:

1 package of Pilsbury cresent rolls
8 large marshmallows
melted butter
cinnamon and sugar mix

Heat oven to 350. Read to the kids the Resurrection of Jesus from the chapter in the Bible that you like. I used Mark and Luke both. As you are reading about Jesus' body being annointed with the oils, put a large marshmallow in the melted butter to signify this. Then drop it in the cinnamon sugar mix-this of course signifies the spices used to annoint his body. The roll is the linen His body was wrapped in before burying. Wrap the rolls up by bringing up the sides in the middle. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool. While the rolls are baking, have your Roman centurions guard the tomb and pretend its three days. ;-) After the rolls are cooled enough to eat, break one open and show them that Jesus' body has disappeared from the linens! Enjoy your snack-its meant to be breakfast but hey, I got it done and they love it.

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures and story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Emily's jammies! What a wonderful tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS, I mean Courtney! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saved your recipe last year, too, but never got around to making them. Gotta do that. You realy are SUPER MOM to do all that you do.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments on my posts, but due to past nastiness, I have chosen to moderate ALL posts. Thank you for your comments and know that I appreciate you! Have a blessed day!