It's a very rainy, icky day here in Missouri. I hate complaining about the rain but it's just dreary out there. So that means it's a perfect day to scrap. And I have been. BUT I need to be grocery shopping and I just don't FEEL like it. We can't go for much longer though as I am running out of essentials, like Kool-Aid. Yes I am one of those moms, I let my kids drink the stuff. Sorry, just the way I am. :D
I've gotten some new idea books recently.
Out Of Bounds by Jodi Amidei and Torrey Scott
Designing With Words by The Autumn Leaves team
Find Your Groove by Kitty Foster and Wendy McKeehan
A Passion For Patterned Paper by Brandi Ginn and Pam Klassen
The Amazing Page by the editors of Memory Makers Books
Designing with Texture by the Autumn Leaves team
A Designer's Eye by Ali Edwards (NOT happy with this purchase)
I would love to get the Elsie Flanigan book...would LOVE it. In the meantime I think I have plenty to flip through. I really wanted the Designing With Patterned Paper book. I LOVED the Designing With Fabric. It's still a fave of mine.
How about you ladies? Do you have a favorite idea book or do you have your eyes on one?
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The Rusty Pickle idea book is really nice. I just got it at Expo.
I've seen Elsie's book. There's some great stuff in there! I also have Ali's book and that's yummy too!! I pretty much love ALL idea books... I find something in each and every one!
~Gabi
I guess I really just like the Becky Higgins sketch books. And I really enjoy the pattern books.
Not much of an enthusiast when it comes to scrapping books/mags. Don't know why. Actually, I do. It's because most of the layouts are done with one pic and I don't scrap that way. I believe in the old-fashioned CM way of doing things ... as many pics on a page as possible.
I think I have stagnated the past 5-10 years, because I am still pouring over The Book of Me, which I bought and then moved and just realized when I moved again, that I owned! LOL! I like to check the web more than buy the books though...
Right now, my favorites are Easy Patterns (by Creating Keepsakes) and album shortcuts (by Simple Scrapbooks).
I also have Elsie's 52 Challenges, and just plain and simple, a BOATLOAD of books... I love them all!!!
I like the Ali book (can't remember if it's designer's eye for, or designing with) patterned paper. and I really like the easy patterns mag that came out a month or so ago. and Becky Higgins has a great book for doing heritage pages
My 'idea book'? That would be your blog! Can you puleeeeeze send your rain our way? Stop by my blog today (and every day until the 10th) for some contests!
Post a Comment