Sunday, July 08, 2007

Some photos to share

This photo was taken yesterday. She's got quite the attitude doesn't she? She's a bit tired of being my model as I attempt to fix the settings on my new camera so it takes decent photos. In fact if you know how to make my flash turn down a notch let me know-LOL.


I took this in really poor lighting on the night of July 4th. Tyler wasn't pleased-can you tell? LOL


This photo was taken this morning. She must have gotten over her disgust at me over the camera.


The next two are the LO's I turned in for the newsletter for SG July kit. The technique this month is Monoprinting. WHICH I DESPISE...thought it was pretty cool sounding until I took three hours trying to get these two LO's accomplished so I could go home last month. I ran into some real problems with the technique. First-with this LO what I did was inked up a thin piece of acrylic with LOTS of pigment ink. Then I stamped an image into it (flower stamps by Rhonna Ferrar). I then place white cardstock over the top of the inked and stamped acrylic block. AND USED A ROLLING PIN TO TRANFER MY IMAGE ONTO THE CARDSTOCK. Sounds easy, right. Well WRONG. The paper moves. Or the acrylic block moves. Or how about it just plain will NOT transfer. I cried. real tears. (BTW-the glutton in me tried to do this part of the technique again yesterday. let's just say that PMS and frustration with a technique doesn't end pretty) After messing with this for three hours, I got these three images to transfer...and I QUIT. I had planned on doing another LO but I was disgusted by this point.


On this one, I used another method to do the monotyping. ONe I prefer much more. Ironically I think the online DT does too because I noticed that this is the one they are using the most. Anyway, we were given a piece of fairly flat styrofoam in this kit. Using an embossing stylus I drew doodles all over it, laid white cardstock down on top of, rolled over it with the rolling pin and voila! I had some homemade patterned paper. I cut a circle out of it (with a PLATE as a template-LOL. I finished my sun using ribbons from the kit. The words on the second page of this LO (sorry Paula you are going to have to click on the photo to make it bigger and you still aren't going to be able to read one of the words due to crappy scanning) were made with die cuts that I turned over backwards onto the styrofoam and traced with the embossing stylus and then inked the new "stamp". This method worked for me. I liked it. I think i will try it again BUT that acrylic block might die an untimely death. LOL

6 comments:

  1. Well I think they both look cute. Love the sun and how you used the ribbons for the rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Tara, whatever you do turns out great! You may complain and you may find easier ways, but you are just too good for words!!!

    Nice layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughed so hard at that photo of Emily... I cant believe how big she is getting... Love the layouts too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Tara, I spent 3 hours on mine last night too. And then I figured, why waste my time with I can just stamp with versamark, clear emboss, and then ink over for a resist technique! LOL! Printmaking is going in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool work! One of these days you're going to talk me into joining SG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The technique looks cool!!! But after hearing you describe it...I think it is one I will pass on! *L*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments on my posts, but due to past nastiness, I have chosen to moderate ALL posts. Thank you for your comments and know that I appreciate you! Have a blessed day!