Saturday, November 08, 2008

Felt Swap....and just more rambling

I don't know what I was thinking...honestly I don't! I don't like to sew...so why on earth did I think I would enjoy making embellished felt pieces? Must have been a weak moment....i think they turned out well {enough}.




This week has been rather long. I suffered from one of my migraines. It was bad enough that I went to the doctor on Day #2. I was given a shot and when I requested that I been seen by a specialist or at the very least have some tests on me to see WHY I am having them, I was told that I had to be seen by this doctor at least two more times. SIGH..... oh yeah... me and percoset...a no go...YIKES.

It's my DT month at SG. This month's technique is felting. Interesting technique and just a little time consuming, although NOT hard. We got balls of wool...guess who is allergic...ROTFLOL. I must be allergic to something the wool was treated with however, because I wore a wool sweater last week next to my skin with no problems. shrug.....

So here are two LO's i have done for SG so far. I have to do three by the 15th. These pictures are from 2005.

This first one I used the backing (the part you punch the flourishes out of) of a Fancy Pants chipboard set. I loved these chipboard flourishes and was a littel excited I might be able to reproduce them. It wasn't hard...but won't do it again as i just didn't get the result I desired. Of course, it looks better in person...the scanner smooshed my felt flourish.



I was much happier with the results of this one. I made the watermelon using my Tupperware biscuit cutter. I cut the two circles in half and then layered them, using brads to helod them in place. I also used some stickles around the photo to add some bling. My title was supposed to say America's Top Model but I ran out of *S*'s and so it became American...ah you get the idea...LOL.

3 comments:

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

The LO's are LOVELY but that bird is just DIVINE! I can't wait to have one, WTG!!!

Jodi said...

Love the pages! Love your bird too! I think America Top Model sounds really professional. lol

Auntie Em said...

Tara you have to submit the American Top Model layout! It's totally one of the cutest layouts I've seen in awhile!