Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday COURTNEY

This past Thursday was Courtney's 12th birthday. Next year she'll leave the "little girl" behind and embark on the journey of becoming a young woman....ok, WAHHHHHH...enough of THAT. ROTF



We had her birthday party on Friday evening. I had hid a special giftie that her BEST FRIEND from Missouri sent her. I think she almost cried....



Anyway, we invited another homeschooling family and two other girls from our church over to help us celebrate. I made Mexican food and we set up another long table in the dining room, but STILL had to let the four boys (our friends have 6 children and two boys around the ages of our oldest two boys). We had an amazing time visiting with everyone. I didn't play any games or anything...just chatted and the kids played with my scrapbooking punches, chalks, and scrap papers. They made punch art...wish I had gotten some pictures of what they did....but I was bad and barely took ANY pictures.



On Courtney's actual birthday I gave her a box. She had been talking about wearing this very special outfit I bought her at the beginning of the school year but she didn't know that I had purchased a tunic and leggings set she had been eyeballing at the PX.




I stayed up in the wee hours of the night making food: cookies and cake and getting the Chalupa Roast together for her party the next evening. But I loved making sure she got the meal that she wanted for her birthday!

Here are some pictures!

Blowing out the cake....had the camera on the wrong setting...



And here's the special gift from her bestest friend...Sammantha...she loves you so much and misses you.



We bought her some Project Runway cardboard dolls and a bunch of accessories to make outfits for them...she's barely come out of her room the last two days. LOL. She also has a little over $30 she's going to be itching to spend as well.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Courtney! Sounds like you had a great time!

Missus Wookie said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! So glad you had a good time :)