Thursday, August 12, 2021

CKCB August 2021 - Layout #1 and Challenge #1

I am finally digging into my August 2021 CKCB kit!  I just love this kit so much so it was painful to wait to dig into while my granddaughter was here at the end of July and early August.  This month at CKCB we are using a kit from Germany as our inspiration and I chose to do more blues for my own kit because I have several pictures coming up to scrapbook that have predominantly blue in them!  

Lisa, our fearless leader, gave us this challenge to complete for our first challenge in August: 

Many years ago, I did a year-long scrapbook class with Heidi Swapp and I have to say that I learnt a lot of sound basics that are still part of my scrappy repertoire today. As this kit is full of gorgeous Heidi products, it reminded me of that class. One of the design principles that I use the most is using the diagonal for your page. Place elements on a diagonal to draw your line down through the page - whichever direction that might be.

Today, use a "diagonal" design on your page!

I really wanted to play with mixed media on a layout after not being able to really scrapbook while little miss was here, so I started with some texture paste and a stencil.  I put the paste onto smooth white cardstock at a diagonal and then built up a background with sprays, inks, paint, and stamps.  I actually didn't know what photos I was going to use when I started, but found these back to school photos of Seth in 2013 to use.  I added some Buttons Galore and More products to my background...these beautiful hearts from Sparkletz (SPK140-Hearts & Kisses) plus some beads and buttons from their 28 Lilac Lane Kit (LL116-Sew Crafty) that I had included in my August 2021 CKCB kit. 



Here's the layout itself!  I am quite proud of how it came out!


I love getting messy in my scrappy space!  How about you?  Do you play with mixed media on your layouts or journals!  I hope you try it at least once!!!  Thank you for checking out my blog today.

1 comment:

cinmfoster said...

Tara it is a beautiful layout!