Saturday, January 01, 2022

January 2022 CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

Happy New Year!  I hope 2022 is a wonderful year for us all!  The past two years have been hard in so many different ways for all of us and I pray that God will bless each of you and your families in 2022.  Today is the day!  Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog has their monthly Inspiration Kit reveal and Blog Hop!  Master Forger Cindy is in charge this month and chosen a beautiful digi kit from Traci Reed!  Check it out!!  It's so soft and pretty!   This kit is called "On The Go and Going Slow".


This kit reminds me of Cocoa Vanilla These Days and as I was thinking about it, I was also reminded of My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline!  I have a bit of each in my stash and what a great way for me to finally dig into that Cocoa Vanilla that I have been slightly hoarding.  LOL!  It also made me pull the MME collection too!  I only pulled a few sheets of the MME because not all of that collection has this color palette. Let's take a closer look at the papers in the inspiration kit!


This kit also had Traveler's Notebook Papers! They are just smaller versions of the 12x12 papers but the photo does give you a little more detail of the patterns.  I see that I need to dig through my Background themed papers for some woodgrain!

They also have some Project Life style cards.




Here's a close-up of the embellishments in the kit.



I know that it's winter time in the United States and these colors aren't great for winter photos....or are they?  I think you could definitely create some winter themed layouts with the colors.  I have new granddaughter photos and birthday photos to scrap right now.  These colors work for both!  Let's see what I have chosen for my January 2022 CKCB kit!

I mentioned that the inspiration kit reminded me of Cocoa Vanilla These Days and My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline.  So, that's what I have put into my kit!! Let's use up some old some as well as the new stuff I can't seem to stop buying!! HAHA!  I also pulled two pieces of woodgrain from my Backgrounds themed paper stash to add into my kit.  

Here are both sides of the Miss Caroline papers that I selected.


I could've really done a deep dive into my stash and picked other papers because I know I have papers that match this color palette.  However, I decided to take it easy this month and be "lazy".  I do happen to know that I have papers from Lily Bee Design with bees and hexagons, as well as another My Mind's Eye collection that has the hexagons.  If I run out of kit this month, maybe I will pull those to use.  

Embellishments.  I took the easy road here too.  I have quite a bit of These Days unopened and unused in my stash and just bought a few more pieces on sale from A Cherry On Top.  I did add some other embellishments, some of which were sitting on my desktop to be used.


I also included a large die cut that I cut a couple of months ago with my Silhouette as well as the Project Life style cards that match These Days.

And to continue my process of digging into and using up my stash of Ali Edwards Story Kits, I put the Transitions kit into my stash.  It gives me a little different colors to play with. I added the stamps as well but didn't take a photo.  Here they are on her site. 

 Last, but not least, here are the alphas and sentiments that I put into my kit:

So, that's my January kit!  It's much smaller than my normal kit, but I am sure I'll remedy that next month! LOL!!  Thank you for stopping by today and make sure you check out the CKCB Blog Hop:

  Also check us out on our FaceBook Community where the Master Forgers and other members of the community share their kits and layouts they have created using the kits!





5 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

A small kit for you but very useful papers and embellishments. Have fun this month.

cinmfoster said...

Fantastic kit, Tara. I think I have a scrap of the Miss Caroline blue polka dot paper - I just loved that collection and can't throw it out yet.
Cindy F

Tina Campbell said...

Wonderful kit and love that collection from Cocoa Vanilla and didn't consider that collection as it's perfect for the inspiration. I look forward to seeing your creations

Susanne said...

Yes I see the resemblance to the Cocoa Vanilla line and I too have some Miss Caroline in my stash, back for 2012 or 2013 I want to say. I keep thinking I have used it all up, but I still have a related 6 x 6 pad and some embellishments. Looking forward to your layouts. Enjoy that kit.

Ann Marie said...

I think your kit is a great take, easy or not! I am going easy, too, I didn't make every little bit like I usually like to do when I tackle these. Your embellies look really fun, too!