Monday, August 01, 2022

August 2022 CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

It’s the first of the month, and you know what that means! It’s time for a new inspiration kit over at Counterfeit Kit Club Blog for us to use to curate our very own kit from our stash!  Master Forger Julene is in charge for August and has chosen the Life Crafted Kit by Citrus Twist Kit ! Let’s see what’s in this beautiful kit!  It's another travel themed kit!  Great for summer trips!

Let’s take a look at the papers because that’s where I always start when I build my kit!


Here are some more close-ups of the rest of the kit!







I'd also like to introduce you to our Guest Designer for this month is Caryn Adams Kidwell who says:

My name is Caryn pronounced (Care-ren); but no one says or spells it correctly LOL. I was born and raised in Annapolis, Maryland (United States). Grew up on the water near the U.S. Naval Academy.  I have been married to my best friend and love of my life for 23 years and we got married on my Birthday; November 20th (this way my husband only has to remember 1 date LOL).  I am “Madukes” to KK boy & KK girl. I am an outgoing introvert. 

I just LOVE Crafting!!! Whether I am altering an item, creating a layout, journaling in my planner, or making an mini album or participating in Snail Mail Swaps. I have been dabbling in crafting since I was a kid. I was always excited to be in the Yearbook Club, Photography Club & Art Clubs. I primarily do 12x12 layouts. I'm that girl who does not  Scrapbook chronologically AND I never measure. My Craft Studio is my own personal crafty space; I must see everything I have & mess it up constantly creating. As they say, a cluttered desk is a sign of a "craft genius" :)

 

Caryn is on Clique Kits international design team as well as Theresa Collins Lifestyle  Studio design Team.  Her work can be seen on Instagram @thecraftyCaryn.

So let's see what I came up with this month. I really dug into my stash again this month.  Julene was kind enough to give me a heads up on the kit so I could do an early build since I’m in the middle of a military move right now.  I spent several days digging and pulling to find the things that I thought I’d use for photos that I have already printed and will have with me during our wait to get our Household Goods delivered.  Here are my papers!

I chose quite a bit of older My Mind’s Eye!  There's a little bit of PinkFresh Studios in there too.  Now that MME isn't making scrapbooking paper (booooo) any longer, PinkFresh Studios has become my new favorite!  There are some paper pad papers in here as well.  Do you see the Cosmo Cricket?  I did dig into my stash deeply for this kit! 


 
I even included some scraps in my kit because let’s be honest, we all have them and they need to be used!  These are mostly pieces of PinkFresh Studios and then a piece of Hip Kit Club exclusive paper (the circles).  All of this except that title piece that says, "Be the Best You" was from a HKC kit last year.  I had almost completely used it up. 


 
I gave myself lots of choices for alphas! There are only two new packs this month.  The rest are partially used.  I am hoping to use at least two of the packs up completely.
 



And phrases too!  Tim Holtz chipboard phrases!!! 



This is beautiful package of MME Now & Then chipboard!



Tags ephemera, flair, bling, felt leaves, and stickers!



I also added two Ali Edwards Story Kits to my kit! I still have a large backlog of those to use!
 


I’m really thrilled with my kit! As I’m probably going to knee deep in boxes very soon, I’m hoping to play quite a bit this first week of August!  There's just enough variety in this kit that I can continue plugging through my November and December 2014 photos that I have printed, as well as that pack of 2021 Day Trip photos that I scrapbooked for last month's challenge #2!  

Make sure you check out the full hop below which includes our Guest Designer as well as our team of Master Forgers!  
 

Here's the order of the blog hop:

  •  Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/ 
  • Guest Caryn Adams Kidwell Instagram @thecraftyCaryn
  • Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
  • Cindy - http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
  •  Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
  • Juliet - https://www.instagram.com/julesd/
  • Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
  • Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!  Have a GREAT week!! 


 


 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Kit Tara and I think it will keep you busy. I love especially the Ali Edwards story kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nicely kitted -- great idea to add in the Story Kits too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments on my posts, but due to past nastiness, I have chosen to moderate ALL posts. Thank you for your comments and know that I appreciate you! Have a blessed day!