Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Moving through life...

 As a wife of an active duty soldier (also a mom to an active duty Marine), I find myself moving through life...quite literally.  We have just completed our 15th move in 21 years.  FIFTEEN moves.  Ya'll, I am tired.  LOL!!  We could move again in as little as 6 months, but we're hoping for two years. We love our new home.  We chose to live off the military base this time and have a home out in the "country" nearby.  The home is a little bit smaller than what we had at Fort Drum, BUT not as small as they offered us on Fort Knox.  That was one of the reasons why we not only chose to live off base, but also signed the lease to this house sight unseen.  We've never done that before.  Normally, we don't try to find a home until after we have arrived, but it is PCS season right now and rentals are hard to get so we grabbed the first one that looked as if it would suit our needs.  It does.  There are things about the home that aren't ideal (no en suite bathroom for the master bedroom), but there are also some truly wonderful things about this home.  The master bedroom has French doors leading to a balcony that is for my own private use.  I can see spending some mornings out there after it's cooler.  The master bedroom is also HUGE.  We put my workout space in there, which is complete with a 55" TV, my MaxTrainer, and all of my equipment. 

Here’s a picture of our new home



And here’s the mess we had when our moving truck arrived  


I can tell you, we were not happy.

I did create a video of my new scrapbook space and it's available on my channel.  I had NOT finished unpacking at the time it was made, so it was a complete mess with piles everywhere.  Click the link to watch and you can leave me a comment there!  I do plan on doing another video soon.  I have unpacked everything and it is mostly where it's going to go.  I have some what I call "hot spots" that I need to make some decisions on how I am going to better organize them.  Those were in my previous space as well but I had decided to wait to fix them until after we moved.  I'll talk about those in the new video too.

We’ve been busy making our new house, a home! I’m quite happy here! 







We also live closer to our oldest daughter, which is important to me after her cancer diagnosis and treatment in 2021. We live close enough that’s easy to visit!





So, I’m looking forward to creating lots of layouts in the near future! Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great week!

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

You've done well with the big move Tara. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.