Master Forger Leslie is in charge of the blog at CKCB this month! Let me remind you of the kit that she has chosen!! It's a beautiful neutral kit - the August Cherry Box from A Cherry On Top!
Leslie challenged us with this:
Go Big or Go Home!
It’s no gamble to set your sights on a large element on your page to emphasize your story! Check out these examples in the “Get It Scrapped Ideas for Oversized Embellishments on Scrapbook Pages”
Link:: https://getitscrapped.com/2012/09/ideas-oversized-embellishments-scrapbook-pages/ My personal favorite is the mustache!
I love to use big elements on my layouts, especially if they draw attention to the photo or photos I am scrapbooking. There are just so many things you can do with a large element!! I recently cut a large hexagon and used it as a focal point for my photos and embellishments. I loved how it turned out! For this challenge, I chose a Bella BLVD cutfile from the Silhouette Design Store (design #405662) to create a focal point on my layout. This layout will serve as a beginning page in a series for the day trip I took with my husband and sister last fall.
I had no intentions of stitching on this layout, but once I backed the words, it looked just BLAH! It needed SOMETHING! Stitching to the rescue and I was so thrilled with how it made the title pop but didn't take away from the beauty of those photos on my layout.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Make sure you check out the blog post for Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for today's challenge to see what the other Master Forgers and our Guest Designer came up with for this challenge prompt!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment