Tuesday, November 01, 2022

CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop - November 2022

 How?  How is it November already?  How is that possible???  Master Forger Lisa is in charge of the CKCB blog this month and has chosen this beautiful kit from Scrapbook Werkstatt's October 2022 kit.  Check out the kit on their site:

https://www.scrapbook-werkstatt.de/navi.php?a=52522&lang=eng

I'd like to introduce you to our guest designer, Machelle.  Please check out her blog!   

Here's some photos of the kit we are counterfeiting this month. This is the full kit.

Here's a few close-ups of the various elements in the kit.

The paper is from a several different designers and is an eclectic mix.

The B sides of the patterned papers.

This is a pack of PinkFresh Studios ephemera from their Life Right Now collection.


Some beautiful gold script letters from PinkFresh Studios.

This is a package of enamel shapes and sequins from Paige Evans' Splendid collection.

These are some wooden buttons from Cocoa Vanilla's These Days collection.


This is a smallish kit but you know ME! I love big kits.  HAHA!! I first dug through my stash to see what pieces of the inspiration kit I already owned.  I know that I have Paige Evans' Wonders collection but I used it in my October 2021 CKCB kit and really don't feel like using it this month.  I found four other sheets of the patterned paper from my stash but when I put them together, I felt like they just weren't cohesive enough for me to build a kit. 


I love the floral piece, but wasn't really feeling the other three.  I could have taken the floral piece and built a beautiful kit with it, but I didn't.  I scrapped it all.  Each piece was put back into my stash carefully to be used another time.  And I started from scratch!  Yep...you know it!  I went completely ROGUE!!  I don't think I have done that in awhile.  I liked the light blue in the inspiration kit but I also liked the lavendar, so I took those two colors and thought of a beautiful collection that I have in my stash from PinkFresh Studios.  The colors blue and purple are both in the kit.  So let me introduce to you my rogue November kit!!! 

That is my whole kit!  You can barely see the papers peeking through so here's some individual photos!


My papers are from PinkFresh Studios Days of Splendor. Don't be fooled by the small amount of papers that you can see because there are multiples of many of those papers there.  The paper with the frames on the far right is actually a scrap on top of a full sheet. This collection is so incredibly gorgeous and it's time to use it up!!  

I added more than one alpha in my kit.  I added the Days of Splendor purple script alpha (there are THREE packs of it...hello, Warehouse Box sale from earlier this year).  I also added some gold and a couple of alphas from my October kit that I didn't use. 


Next up are my embellishments.  I chose all of the Days of Splendor embellishments that I own, also came in that Warehouse Box I mentioned above.  However, I also added some 28 Lilac Lane sequin mixes from my days of designing for Buttons Galore and More. These both matched my papers and I'd like to use a little more of them.  I added some Rosie's Studios ephemera packs as well plus a few other delightful pieces that matched my kit well enough, including the Elle's Studios acetate stars and hearts-of course, those have colors that are not in my kit but put the whole set into my box.

Here's the video I made of me chattering on about my kit and what's in it:

https://youtu.be/JJG9DbjPqNg

I also made a mini kit for the month but I'll share that on the 6th whenever the mini kits go live from my fellow Master Forgers at CKCB.  

Make sure you check out the full hop below to see what all my lovelies came up with in their own kits!

 I also want to welcome my friend, Anna to the team!  I am super excited to work with her at CKCB so make sure you give her some extra love on her YouTube channel!!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and I hope to see some of your kits and layouts over on the FaceBook group this month!!! Have a GREAT week!



1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

I love that you went rogue. The components of your kit are lovely and have a cooler weather feel.Alphas are fabulous and the embellishments great too..