Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Update on the Days of our lives saga

Or more appropriately titled-MISSION: Rescue Mel. I shouldn't even be cracking jokes-really. Its been a rough 24 hours around here. So here goes-ready? Melanie is my pregnant baby sister. The one I gave the baby shower for a couple of weeks ago-NOT to be confused with the one giving me a hard time over the make-up (her name is Serenity). I was scrapping my little heart out last night when I get a frantic phone call from Mel. She's screaming crying and yelling. I can't understand a WORD she's saying so ask her to repeat. Heard a few ahem-CHOICE words from her mouth to understand she caught her husband sleeping with Brandi (you might need to re-read the initial post about this situation if you have no idea what I am talking about). And they weren't sleeping, if you get my drift. So I call my dh at work to tell him I am heading out to pick Mel up and would he please drop in on the kids to make sure everyone stays asleep. At this point it was 1:30 a.m. When I arrive at Mel's house, she is packing EVERYTHING. Needless to say, we called for help and around 4 this morning we arrived at my house with our vehicles full of stuf and we crash-well I do apparently Mel was too upset to sleep. :( Today I spent most of the day helping her finish moving her stuff into our parent's house. She is safely at her friend's house tonight who is keeping her mind off things for today. I hurt for my baby sister, but I am SO glad that this happened before the baby comes. He's territorial over his kids and we already know he's going to try to fight for joint custody. Unfortunately for him, we know he's abusive and he's got a police record for abuse and lost his deputy sheriff's job over abuse only 3 weeks ago. So...please pray for this situation if you will. Melanie needs prayer and lots of loving from us. She needs lots of support for when this baby comes-she's due June 9th.

So I have been working on my album. I am getting closer and closer to finishing this 2003 album. I can't wait. I would LOVE to have it done by the end of the month but realistically I might finish half of what is left. I have done 5 LO's in it this month so far so nothing to sneeze over but wish I was a faster scrapper. So here are some of my new ones.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sis...sending prayers your way! Good luck to her!

2nd...Awesome layouts! I love how you made that box, great idea! I love the pp in the green and blue one! Wonderful job!

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear aboiut your sis. Glad that she is safe and sound at the moment. Good luck to her and you all.

Great lo's.