Tuesday, June 13, 2006

SG weekend-the goods on ScrapGoods HQ

I had an amazing time there over the weekend!!! Amy and Jodi are amazing in person. No wonder their Customer Service is second to NONE! They have just moved into a new building in the past month or so. Amy is the organizational genius and has all the kit items organized into little bins on metal shelves in a storage space large enough to SHOP in-LOL. She even has little SG shopping baskets!!! I soooo wanted to go digging through those bins-LOL!!

I managed to arrive at HQ an hour early and spent 15 minutes in the van trying to calm my nerves but didnt' ever suceed at that. I finally called Amy on her cell phone to tell her I had arrived and asked if I could come in! She showed me around their new building which will eventually have a place to hold crops right in the front.

Amy and Jodi are hilarious. I had such a wonderful time chatting with them and true to form I didn't really get anything done while I was there but left with stuff to work on and three LO's swimming in my head. I got two of them done Friday.

Saturday, Amy and her dh took me (and my two kiddos) out to lunch at a nearby mall. Then we went into Archivers...remember I haven't been into a LSS since I came home from Germany in August! I have NEVER seen so much stuff and I left without buying a THING! It was nice to look at some of the stuff in person I have only seen in magazines or online though and TOUCH it!! I turned in my LO's to Amy so she could take them back to photograph them for the July newsletter.

I am anxious to see which one she puts in the newsletter, if she does at all!!

I am a bad SCRAPPER...didnt' take any pictures while there because I was so overwhelmed with everything and then got so busy learning the technique for July which is something I have NO experience at working with. FUN!! And no I won't spoil the technique as I know that a couple of SG members read this blog. But I did take a picture of my LO's-one of them wasn't complete when I photographed it (and forgot to take another after if was done). If you are interested and are NOT a SG member-ask me and I will send you the LO's to look at. ;-)

I can't wait to go back NEXT month. I can't wait to see what we are doing. This is SOOOO much fun.

4 comments:

Angel's Imaginations said...

Wow, Tara! Awesome trip! I think the first time would be the most nervous one. Next time, you ought to be much calmer. :-)

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I can't believe you went into Archivers and didn't buy anything...you must have some self-control girl! Kudos to you!

Jodi said...

Sounds like you fun! Things will be more calmer next time you go.

@wesome@bby said...

Well, you know my opinion of your scrapping abilities, so I am not surprised you were asked back. I am totally and completely happy for you...and so glad it was a great experience! Can't wait to see your LO's!