Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another day in paradise....NOT

OK, it's HOT. Not just a little hot but H-O-T. I don't tolerate heat very well. I don't tolerate extreme temps of any kind well but with heat, I can only take off so many layers of clothing before I get arrested, KWIM???? 104 degrees is just too hot. And dh wants to go camping in this! BYE honey.....not going...heat and poison ivy are what crosses my mind when I think of camping. BTW-I get poison ivy so badly that it swells my eyes shut...and it ALWAYS gets on my face. NO THANK YOU!!! :D

What's going on around here? Not much but everthing all at once. School starts in our home school on Monday. I have 6 weeks of lesson plans laid out with only the classes like spelling, reading, penmanship, Wordly Wise (vocabulary curriculum), and math to pencil in page numbers. I do have to start the weekly studying tomorrow.

This year I am implementing some new schedules. Everyone is going to be doing SOMETHING at each time slot during the day. I want things to run more smoothly and I want the kids to remember what they are supposed to do. We have already started using the chore charts I made last week and the daily inspections by Dad are going okay. The house looks more clean than it has in a long time.

I am a bit concerned about my two tantrum throwers. Emily especially is difficult during school time. She's hard to occupy. I am quite worried about the whole thing-but onward we trudge.

And my scrappy time is going to dwindle down to nothing I am afraid, especially during the first few weeks as we get back into the swing of things. Withdrawal is already setting in-LOL!!

No new pictures to add tonight. They are still on the camera so it will have to wait.

OH and I never updated you about the ugly papers in the next kit. I still think they are ugly, but I managed two LO's with them and will be donating mine when they arrive in the kit to the nearest dumpster-LOL. The technique is something we have all done as a kid in art class but many of us have never utilized it in our scrapping. I will have to update you on the first about the technique when I am allowed to share spoilers. I will say that the company that supplies for the technique came from gave EACH SG local DT member a LOVELY kit that I am excited to play with!! So at least the WHOLE kit isn't a bust. The cardstock colors are WONDERFUL-I ordered double cardstock again. The technique is kind of fun although not something I would use all the time but once in awhile will be interesting! Some of the other extras are pretty cool too.

No comments: