It's that time of year again-where everyone is organizing stuff. I didn't start this project on purpose though-I don't like to follow the crowd-ROTFLOL!
Anyway, I am trying to bring a little bit more order to my scrappy space these days. I started with the EP and got it finished and well, when it was done I thought of all the patterned paper I have purchased over the past few months and haven't put away. So started with that late last night. I am no where near done with this venture.
So my question to you is how do you organize your patterned paper? Does this method REALLY work for you?
Here's what I WAS doing: themes
flowers
holidays
fall
spring
winter
summer
kids
baby
checks
dots or swirls
flecks
plaids
stripes
specialty papers
TEXTURED CARDSTOCK-now this one made me bust a gut laughing last night. Obviously I made these themes up back when I didn't have lots of the stuff but NOW it's the ONLY cardstock I buy-ROTFLOL.
I am going to do this now:
Basic Grey
Chatterbox
SEI
K&Co
Matching kits of paper (I have some CTMH papers and other brands that would go here)
then I would also keep some of the above themes. I hope this makes finding stuff AND putting it in it's spot much easier for me. I had to purchase some more Cropper Hopper 12x12 paper holders to do this but hey let's hope this helps me use my stuff.
On that note-I am purging my patterned paper as well. Anyone want a box full????? It's almost ALL 12x12 papers and some of it's really great stuff but I just can't use this much patterned paper-LOL!!
Let's also talk about cardstock...how is your organized?
Mine is organized in Cropper Hopper Paper Holders and in ROYGBPBlcBrwnWMetallics-this works for me and as of today I am minus a TEXTURED CARDSTOCK category-ROTFLOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
paper is so hard to organize! I have one of those cropper hopper black hanging file folder carts (could use another because the folders are thick and take up space in the holder so you can't fit as much as you would think!). I sort mine mostly by color, but then they are sorted by plaid/check, floral, striped, dots. and a few brands have their own folders, like the papers that came from those stacks go into thier own in each holder (they go in a sleeve inside of say the pink plaid folder) am I making any sense? LOL. I'd be happy to have more papers if you don't want them, I've loved some of the pp I've seen you use and some of it is stuff I haven't seen before. Good luck organizing! it's can be a tedious process which is why I'm only about half way done with my own, lol.
I have paper racks bought from a scrapbook store. On the bottom racks I have all of my textured, ie, Bazzill cardstock. Up above I have my pp divided by theme. I have one for love, words, flowers, animals, hobbies, circles, etc. Then I have left over space for Basic Grey, Daisyd, etc.
excellent themes and organizing! I am going to try to follow your lead a little bit, and put more things together where they will get used! Awesome idea! I like to keep my papers in the same "manufacturer" area, but I only have so much space! Certainly keeping groups of papers together that match, and then organizing the random ones. My embellishments are outta control. I need a system for them! I have Brads in 6 different places, random flowers and stuff all in drawers and on shelves, ribbon in 3 different places. Need to streamline!
Post a Comment