Tuesday, February 27, 2007

TOPS Corn and Beans Day 6





Here we are calculating the mass of a dry bean/corn versus a soaked bean/corn seed using the balance we made earlier in the unit. We discovered that the soaked bean/corn seed weighed more than the dry bean. :D
Garret isn't excited about the fact that he's doing school so much as he FINALLY got the balance to work correctly! I thought the expression on his face was priceless.
You also see an example of one of our plant journal pages. I believe this one is Tyler's.

3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

You're pictures make me so excited to begin the volumes! Thanks for sharing! :)

Scrappytbear said...

Those are awesome! I so admire your dedication and what must be amazing self discipline to be doing what you are! I have a feeling I would put it all off, and you seem to be doing such an awesome job of it too! Great job, home-schoolin' mom!

weavermom said...

Looks like the projects are working - that's always a good thing!

Your daughter looks like she is concentrating so hard! :)