Because both __________ said something to me in their PM's to the effect of "it being up to ME for this to go away". I tried ignoring the stuff THIS week and I apologized for February's stuff. I was told in one breath that __ doesn't censor but basically asked to censor my siggy line for the "greater good" and I did because that is what I wanted too (for it ALL to go away). So I kind of feel like in this my dignity was lost at least in my MIND. Others are pming me and applauding my brave-ness (is that a word?) and I thank them and wonder what the heck they are talking about. I feel like a coward for backing down. I feel badly for making _______ hurt. I feel badly for causing my friends stress. I feel badly that people like SHE WHO IS NOT TO BE NAMED (Abby it's NOT the person YOU know but one has to wonder if they aren't RELATED) got the whole board in a tizzy fit. And *I* want to be an ostrich. I am allowed at the next DT meeting but am I really welcome, I wonder?? I feel defeated, exhausted, a little angry because I CRIED (for crying out loud I CRIED...I don't like to cry), a little irritated and a whole lot wanting to NOT be the Christian I am and CURSE the SHE out. But I won't...because it's not WHO I am and it's not where I want to be and because I am not going to stoop to her level. I just have the whole gamut of emotions running around here. SHEESH...are you sorry you asked????
Her response was to tell me usual mantra-take a deep breath...and then she gave me TWO challenges. One I did right away and can't be shared (don't ask why, it just CANNOT) and the other was to do a LO on my emotions that I am wrestling with. I growled under my breath at that but begrudgingly did it anyway. I kept thinking "this is going to make me feel WORSE not BETTER for crying out loud." It took me all afternoon to get it done as I worked through emotions but I did it. And ahem it helped (SSSHHHH don't tell my friend-LOL).
The second reason wasn't so draining. I post a Scraplift Challenge at the above mentioned board every few days. This was my take. As usual for me, it doesn't look a whole lot like the one I scraplifted but this time it isn't UNLIKE it either.
Here's my hidden journaling:
Tag in the middle along the left edge:
Something has happened in my life that has left me with some strong emotions to sort through. I feel really overwhelmed by them and a friend sent me on this scrap therapy mission. This has been a hard LO for me to complete but tells a story-mine. I am a real person with real feelings and real thoughts. I am frustrated at events on a certain message board-frustrated at being held to blame for other people's actions and then being held responsible for fixing them. I CANNOT
Tag tucked behind photo-
Anger-yes I am angry. I am angry that some people can't see two sides to every situation. I am angry with ME for being angry. I am angry that I let someone anger me.
Bottom tag-Sadness this is a big one at this time! I am sad that so many people that I love and respect have been hurt. I am sad that things had to turn so ugly in a "place" I so dearly treasure. I am sad that I played a part in it.
Top tag-
Betrayal-My husband and I had a talk and he says that betrayal isn't an emotion. but since I FEEL betrayed I say it is and that is has left me empty with a whole lot of pain. I feel that people I consider friends have hurt me, have done so in the most hurtful manner.
8 comments:
gosh, thats a hard one. it hurt just reading your journaling and your feelings. i guess i didnt realize that you felt quite the way that you did... though i knew you were upset.
there are so many different things that i want to address here, but the truth is, i just dont know how. the whole situation has left me reeling wondering how i fit into that same mb.
i am thankful that you chose to change your sig line. i am one of those people that wasnt necesarily comfortable with it, however it would never be my place to ask you to censor it... specifically because christianity is one of those things that you just wear on your sleeve.
lets see, what else? you worry about the DT meeting. let me ask this. has anyone said that they dont think you should go? i mean, you are feeling awfully battered and bruised and while something unfortunate happened... maybe its happening for a reason. doesnt your faith teach you about forgiveness? maybe its your job to be the first to forgive so that you can teach others the merit to it? maybe just maybe.
hope this is making sense for a 1am rambling. there is much more i want to say but i cant barely see straight. forgive me.
I think you did an excellant job on the challenge that Abby posed for you and I hope that it made you feel a little better to get it down on paper. (and by the way I agree with you, I think that since you FEEL betrayed that it is an emotion.)
BIG HUGS to you Tara, I don't frequent the msg boards but I hope that this all ends for you soon!
Beautiful layout & good for you for taking on the challenge.
I'm not familiar with what mb you are talking about but I think I have an idea. It sucks when things happen & I think you handled it beautifully.
If you cried, you cried. I cry all the time & there is nothing wrong with it. You were hurt & had the right to be.
So I will say is "you go girl!" You turned a miserble experience into a challenge with a beautiful layout as the result!
Tara, this is beautiful. Not because it is a beautiful layout, which it most assuredly is. It is beautiful because it shows you - your heart.
One thing I've had to learn the hard way too is we cannot change the way others feel, or the way in which they interpret our actions when clearly it is not the intention to be hurtful. The only thing we can change is the way WE feel and the way in which we RE-ACT. I know your faith is strong. Rely on Him to bring you to where you need to be. And while you allow yourself your own feelings, do not allow others to push you into a sadness that clearly is not your fault or yours to own.
Hugs to you Tara - I'm so sorry you're going through something that has brought you pain and sadness.
Thanks for sharing your beauty with us.
Lis
Oh, Tara--I'm so sorry that you're going through such a difficult time. Hopefully, it'll smooth out soon. (((Hugs)))
This is a WONDERFUL LO Tara!!!! I don't know the details, etc ... but it sounds like you handled everything wonderfully. You rock! This rocks! Chin up!!! :)
Tara, I know you shared this with me but had no idea how deeply you felt about it. I'm so sorry. Life shouldn't be like this...You know.
My heart goes out to you and I am here for you my friend.
O my goodness Tara! ((Hugs))
Gotta tell you, didn't quite follow all of this, but I got that you got hurt pretty bad.
Praying that you heal quickly and that you will make all the glorifying choices. Stand firm, girl, while "as much as it is up to you live at peace with everyone." It's a difficult balance, but I know God will whisper in your ear and tell you all the right choices.
Praying!
Post a Comment