OK-I get up yesterday morning knowing I have a three hour drive to ScrapGoods Headquarter's for the monthly DT meeting. I am sitting at the computer reading FH2S boards and leaving some loving in the gallery when my 12 yr old brings me a bag of eyelets that he's taken from Emily. Now mind you, she's just gotten off my lap not 10 seconds before. The eyelets were a RAK and I hadn't put them away!!! They were sitting on my computer desk. SOOOOOOO...
Emily, "Momma can you open my nose?"
Me, "What do you mean open your nose Emily?' Looking at her like she just grew horns (in HER case a second set-LOL)...
emily, "yes OPEN it momma".
Me" HUH? let me loo, " while tipping her head back....when I see something shiny inside her nose.
I scoop her up in my lap (where she had JUST been) and lay her down across my legs and take a better look. I see an EYELET....UGH. I call dh who is on his way home from a court hearing out of town. She seems comfortable, it's not deep in her nose, so I wait until he comes home. I go take a shower and when I get out Pat is home holding Emily. So we get out the tweezers and remove the eyelet. There was another one-we remove that one. There was ANOTHER one which we remove. There was TWO more in there but these were so deep that we couldn't get them no matter what we tried-off to the ER.
The triage nurse removes one of them, but the other one is wedged in there so she gets the doctor who also can't get it. UGH...they send us to the EENT who has to use a scope to get the REST of them out. There were EIGHT eyelets in my two year old's nose. She was pretty great about all the digging we were doing but when it was time to get a chest X-Ray she was NOT thrilled. In fact, she SCREAMED in terror because the plastic contraption they put little ones to hold them in place with their arms above their heads looks like it came from the MIDDLE AGES. She kept screaming "Momma save me...momma, it's SCAREWWWWEEEEEE".
NOPE there weren't any eyelets in her lungs thankfully.
So that was my day yesterday..drove 3 hours to SG and the 3 hours home. Worked on my DT LO's today and those are off tomorrow via OVERNIGHT mail.
(PS...I did NOT keep the eyelets from her nose and NO I didn't NOT take pix-but there WILL be a LO). ROTFLOL.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
lol, oh...my...goodness!
8? Oh man...my day will come!
Poor thing! What is it with kids and putting things in their noses? **knock on wood** Munchkin hasn't done anything yet, but the stories that I hear about my hubby and his brothers...
OH my goodness I cannot believe that! Why would a child do that? I can only imagine OPEN my nose that's kinda cute !
So glad it didnt have to be more invasive!!! :(:(:(
Tara!!! Pleeeease tell me you got pictures! OMG!! Hysterical, after the fact of course!! She will not outgrow that story! My sister did it with pinto beans!! Same outcome! She is 53 now and it still comes up!! Haha!! My Best to all!!
Miranda
Crazy girl! :) Glad she is ok and none were in her lungs.
OMG, I know that you probably didn't think it so funny, however, you're telling of it is hilarious!
You have to do a great layout for this one!!!!
Take a photo of her. Take a photo of the eyelets in their container and then tell the story!
Oh how scary Tara! I'm glad she's okay!
Ewwww! I am SO thankful that none got in her lungs. I imagine you will not be using those particular eyelets on a LO?
Post a Comment