Friday, May 18, 2007

A chat with a 4 year old....

Tonight I was giving the two littles a bath. It's Friday night and movie night. Pat isn't home from work yet (of course he's working on a case-great big eye roll). Here's the conversation I had with Seth as I finished putting his lotion on him after his bath:

Seth, "Is daddy home yet?"

"No, he's still at work, Seth", I answered.

"Oh," he paused, and then continues, "MY daddy fights bad guys!!"

As I giggle, "Yes, Seth, daddy fights bad guys."

"I want to go to work with daddy to help him fight bad guys. He fights them real good," he continues.

I am trying not to laugh outright at this point, but am smiling, "But you are a little guy. You can't fight bad guys yet."

"Daddy does a good job," he says, "BUT momma what's a bad guy?"

ROTFLOL....I am barely containing my laughter but am so glad that my little boy is still so innocent enough to NOT know what a bad guy is. He's just so sweet. (not to mention ornery)

3 comments:

Scrappytbear said...

Too Too cute! I love remembering their conversations!

Lissa Ballard said...

Oh my goodness how adorable is that!

Love my conversations, even now, wiht my sweet 6 year old. They do come out with the sweetest things, don't they?

Hugs to you both,
Lis

Anonymous said...

OMG, how cute is he?

I love what kids have to say in their innocence.