Saturday, August 11, 2007

I've been SWAMPED

So what have you all been up to? I've been swamped with the normal stuff of life. I have been prepping for the upcoming school year, sorting notebooks from last year, grading a few papers I didn't finish, cleaning out old supplies, and the like...

We are starting some new curricula this year. I have purchased Dr. Aardsma's Spelling Drill for the computer. I am hoping this will help get some spelling on track. We have formerly used Spelling Power and it's a GREAT program, too. Hmmm, not sure why I am switching-LOL. I bought Winston's Grammar for this school year as well...and THIS program looks wonderful. I also bought English from the Roots Up which also looks great...would be nice for us to learn where our words come from, making it easier for us to look at a word and know what it means. :D

Well I am sick and coughing up a lung. So am going to go shower and hope to clear it a little. Stupid summer colds...sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just despise summer colds? Not that any cold is particularly good, but summer colds always seem to be the worst!

Jax

Momma Roar said...

I've been thinking about you - I hope you are feeling better!

We are starting vol 1 tomorrow - time to stop blogging and start studying - so I can pretend I know what I'm talking about, lol!

Felicia McB said...

wow, you;re all getting geared up for school! you sound so much more organzied that I am!
I hope you're feeling better soon Tara!