Saturday, August 18, 2007

New EARRINGS

A couple of weeks ago Miss Em asked me for some earrings. She was quite serious.

"I want some earrings in mine ears, mom-mom (she doesn't say momma)."

"Oh emily that would be very pretty, but it hurts to get earrings."

"But I WANT some earrings."

"OK baby maybe a little later."

We went to Wal-Mart Thursday evening to get a few things dh needed to pack up for his Field Training Exercise on the 28th. The Army has them packing up their gear for "show and tell" I suppose. Whatever. I go with him. Daddy wanted to get some cheap sunglasses so he doesn't have to wear the nerdy Army issue stuff. So we are in the jewelry department. I start looking at earrings and stuff...

"MOM-MOM I want earrings. MOM-MOM!!!!"

"Really emily? You want earrings???"

So I ask the dude at the counter if they had two guns to pierce a little ones ears AND two people available to do it. They do. So I ask her again.

"Yes, I want earrings. And it's gonna hurt". She says this matter of factly.

So I start filling out the paper work when daddy comes up behind me and says, "You are going to put HOLES in my baby's ears?"

"Yeah she wants earrings and her big sister got them about this age too."

Emily in the meantime has picked out a very pretty pair of pink flower earrings in 14 kt gold. The MOST expensive pair on the rack for the piercing gun. LOL...I feel sorry for her future boyfriends and dh (NOT that she's ever allowed to date or anything like that). She already picks the best...LOL! She's TWO.

Pat walks away...he's refusing to watch his baby get her ears pierced. Wants no part of the foreseen screaming when they do it. I shrug my shoulders and put her in my lap. I hold her the way they have me hold-one arm across her chest to pin her arms down and one hand on her forehead to steady that. One, two, three...snap. All done. She didn't even flinch much less cry. What a BIG girl!!! And yeah she's QUITE happy with her new earrings. LOL...and her daddy is a big ole baby.

11 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Oh, what a big girl! So cute!! Great story!

weavermom said...

She picked out some cute ones! I like them! :)

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this my friend, but your baby doesn't seem to be your baby anymore! She's growing up and her earrings are just divine!

Jax

Scrappytbear said...

That's awesome! I love little girls with pretties in their ears, my little ones all had theirs in at 2 or thereabouts...and they didnt cry either because they WANTED them so badly LOL I love her little earrings :) What a big girl!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Oh what a sweet baby with her earrings! She didn't flinch?!? What a great kid!!!

New Teaching Mom said...

Awww, what a sweet pea! Her earrings are beautiful!

Teresa (a weaver mom)

New Teaching Mom said...

Awww, what a sweet pea! Her earrings are beautiful!

Teresa (A Weaver Mom)

Kathy Carr said...

WOW she is a BIG girl!!

Scrappy Moments said...

How Great! Now she is Big Girl :) Glad it didn't cause much pain, I remember with my daughter, we heard how tramatic is was for days,LOL :)

@wesome@bby said...

Awwwww! So sweet! And pink flower? Such good taste! :) You should use your blog post as journaling. I read every word. :) And congrats on the losing weight! It feels so good to know all that hard work has paid off, doesn't it!?!? GO YOU!

Nik said...

Em you are one big brave girl... Your ears look so pretty with your pink earrings in them...

Daddy is a big ole baby