Monday, August 20, 2007

Not much....

to say tonight. It's been a nice weekend. Never long enough and seems shorter with Pat working 6 days a week while in school.

We had an enjoyable day today. Church this morning, a quick lunch before the two oldest boys headed off to a birthday party for a neighbor (girl) friend. They went swimming at the indoor pool on base. I took a little bit of a nap so I could get through the rest of day (when I came downstairs, PAT was also sleeping-LOL).

I did some laundry. Started a LO which isn't finished yet but close...I am using the Cherry Arte Poolside line. I got this paper in a BackPorch Memories kit. Kinda bright so having fun with that.

I was up late last night (ok...for ME this was normal bed time but for the rest of ya'll it was late-LOL). I was making potato salad and baked beans. I managed to burn myself while stirring the bacon and onion combo I had going at 1:30 this morning. I boiled the pinto beans and then left them to soak overnight. I had left a note for Pat to start them again this morning and by the time I got up to get my breakfast they were done. I finished making the baked beans when I got home from church and popped them in the fridge until about 4 when I put them in the oven to actually bake. YUMMY!

I had been marinating some beef ribs for a couple of days in a homemade marinade (recipe shared with my by my FIL who is the world's best grill man IMHO). Pat grilled them while I was running the kids to their evening church functions.

About an hour ago....the day turned icky when Seth came downstairs to let me know he had vomitted all over his bed. So those sheets are in the washer and courtney comes to tell me she can't sleep because her tummy hurts so bad AND she's been vomitting. Oh goody......time for bed I say...so good night to all of you and hope your day is great.

4 comments:

weavermom said...

Oh Tara - hope the icky sickness is short-lived and makes it's way around the family it's going to super quick!

Pauline said...

OH tara i hope it was a passing vomit stage and that not all were affected by this!

Anonymous said...

Yuck. Poor things. Hope they get well soon!

Jax

Felicia McB said...

poor kiddos! hope they're feeling better and that the others don't get sick too.