My trip was fun...very eventful...and fun...and exhausting...
Day 1-May 29th...we drove ALL afternoon and night and arrived in Jacksonville around 7 their time Friday morning. We spent the morning getting cleaned up, repacked up to go to Camp Blanding, and etc....
Day 2- May 30th we arrived as I said...drove out the hour to Camp Blanding which is the training place for the FL national guard but also has a place for families to "camp". Got our quarters...kids played around in the water, dad (FIL) played with his boat and jet ski. We were so tired...I am not sure about dinner-I just know I ate and I didn't have to cook it...LOL..hmmm is that good? Not sure...LOL.
Our quarters were NOT very good the first night. They were dirty, gross, did I mention dirty?

Day 3-Sat (May 31st) Got a phone call in the "hut"...(oh my word those were AWFUL sleeping quarters...and we only stayed the one night)....from FIL. I was asleep when it rang but awoke to the noise, but asked Seth to get it. He was drinking apple juice...spilled it on my cell phone...yep he ruined it. SIGH
I get up to shower...tip toeing around because these quarters ARE really nasty and dirty. Don't touch walls in the shower because they were black with mildew. Go to blow dry my hair....the outlet by the sink wasn't working...so I plug my brand spanking new dryer into the outlet...AND blow dried my hair. Turned off the dryer...and the plug caught fire.....I screamed and threw down said hair dryer...second thing ruined GRRRR. Not a good start to the day if you ask me, I am not a morning person. DH actually fixed my hair dryer by replacing the plug. The new dryers have a fuse inside the plug the tripped when it caught fire.
As I said we only stayed one night in the "hut". After that we spent the night in the better quarters Joseph got for us to use while he was there. Now he only those for Fri/Sat night so we had to move Sunday afternoon to the mid-quarters.
The AWESOME quarters...sorry it's only a picture of the backside...but this was a four bedroom HOUSE. Nice and large with a private swimming hole in the back.

Private swimming hole:




Here's what we moved to on Sunday...a two bedroom, CLEAN cottage. CLEAN....

OK....I know, I know....we were supposed to be camping. But if I had known that the original quarters were what we were to be sleeping in the whole time, I would have A) packed differently and B) rented tents...seriously. EEEEYUCK....
We spent the rest of the day playing in the water, jet ski and boat. had a grand time...
Here's dad's boat:

And we were joined by Dad's new wife, Patti, and her daugher Phyllis and three children. It was SOOO good to see Patti and Phyllis again and to meet her babies. We didn't get to meet her husband-he was away doing the military thing for the week. And BAD ME...I didn't take a single picture of them so dad will have to make sure he sends me some of them. GRRRR. (pretty please)
Sun June 1-went to meet a loopie friend who just had her 9th baby. We were there for about an hour when my sister called to tell me my grandfather died. He had leukemia and was given a year...he only lived two and a half months.
My friend and I had a blast getting to know one another in person. I think she's exactly like she is online and it was fun to see her beautifully decorated home. She likes vintage stuff and antiques...and it was so pretty. When I grow up I want my house to look just like hers. ;-)




Mon and Tues, we continued to play in the water. I am sunburned...grrr...not enough sunscreen, quickly enough. sigh.....
So not as to leave you thinking we did NOT have a good time...here's some pictures showing that we did have the bestest time ever. The week literally flew by. Thanks to Dad for the trip.
See last picture to see how this fun thing ended-LOL....

Courtney can hang on like there's NO TOMORROW. We tried to throw her off and finally had to stop and ask her if she'd had enough. We did manage to bump her off the second time.

Joe, Dad, Pat and Phillip.

This is Pat's youngest brother, Phillip. Sorry ladies...he's taken. :))

Pat's dad with Seth.

We left Tuesday afternoon and drove all night and arrived home at 7:15 a.m. CST today. Of course every vacation has to have an incident...Tyler's lip met Garret's heel on the tube...and Tyler's teeth went through his lip.
6 comments:
Looks like you all had a blast Tara..once you got into a nice clean house... I hate going on holidays and finding your place of residence is a mess.
YUCK!!!
Glad that you had a great time. Well once you go into your clean quarters that is. Ouch Tyler....
ouch on Tyler's lip. So glad that you had a good time tho'!
I think you need a vacation from your vacation. Sigh.
Isn't it funny how tired we are after a vacation? I bet you're exhausted but it looks like, despite the quarters initially, that you all had a lovely time!
Jacquie
Yuck! I'm glad the private swimming hole made up for that first night! Gorgeous pics!
Post a Comment