Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas at our house....

We have a few traditions that I try to make happen every year...if I don't forget...Swiss cheese for brains, I tell ya!

Several Christmases ago my sister, bought us a book by Ruth Bell Graham titled, "One Wintry Night". I try to read the whole thing (mind you it makes me bawl...so this is a major accomplishment) Christmas Eve. I read the first 10 chapters (they're short) to them this year because it was so late after our Christmas Eve service at church (the first we've been to in about 9 years). Anyway...if you haven't read this book, you SHOULD. It's fantastic.

We also make cookies and leave behind for "Santa". Now I am not a big fan of lying to my kids...but daddy has always liked the Santa story and I suppose it doesn't hurt. I suppose...LOL. The older three always knew that Santa wasn't real but I think the younger two really BELIEVE. Egads. This year Santa got Snickerdoodles...they were good too.

We also make and serve a birthday cake for Jesus. We normally do this Christmas Eve...however we went to church instead. So we did this at lunch time Christmas Day. It was pretty good too. I have a picture but it's on the camera....sorry.

I used to buy an ornament per child every year, but we have a TON of ornaments now. Only so many fit on that tree. LOL. This year I bought ONE...well I would have BOUGHT it but someone won't let me pay for it. If you love these, I know where you can get some for next year...I bet she has some left!





I am just gonna slam some pix at ya....hope you enjoy. LOL.....



Seth's big present was a scooter and helmet. You can judge his opinion by his expression...ROTF!



Courtney's big present....
She really, REALLY wanted an American Girl this year for Christmas...I decided to make it my mission to get her what she wanted. Bless QVC for having them on sale. With accessories.




Tyler's big gift was a skateboard...in pieces (and minus the trucks as he already owns two sets of those). This is supposed to be "the" deck to have....Gotta love eBay.....we could afford it this way.



Courtney made gifts for everyone this year. She made Emily a knitted doll (all by herself..I don't knit!). She did an awesome job!





She made Seth a knitted cap. It's very cute!


Garret's big gift was a BMX bike. We sent him looking to see if there were anymore presents under the tree with his name on them...there weren't because the bike was in the entryway bathroom. LOL.


YUMMY...Basic Grey's Urban Prairie brads....to go with the full line of papers I bought...er, I mean PAT bought.

This is the watch I got him...the picture of him holding the watch up was out of focus....he's telling me right there "mommy bought something she shouldn't have...". LOL


1 comment:

bobbie said...

Great pix!!!