Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Seth and the battle of the microorganisms…

We are studying microorganisms in our homeschool. Just the basics for the little ones. We’ve discussed what they are, how you get them, and how to prevent getting them or to kill them if you do. ie….washing your hands.
Seth is a little bit freaked out about the idea of little tiny microorganisms crawling up and down his arms. He’s freaked out he cannot see them. He is SOOOOO freaked out that he’s been washing his hands approximately every ten seconds for the past three days. It’s rather comical, albeit a little bit obsessive. :D
Today during our science lesson he was drawing. I normally allow this to draw because it keeps him listening but keeps his active mind and body still so he isn’t interrupting the rest of the lesson. Well this is what he drew (note, this is a portion of the page he had drawn, the entire page is legal sized).
Sethsdrawing
So this is a picture of Seth on a Microorganism Truck. See the pointed things all around the truck? Those are microscopes so that he can see the microorganisms and kill them with his Antibody gun.
Don’t you LOVE how this child thinks?

8 comments:

weavermom said...

I love it!! :)

Noodle said...

LOL! That is funny! What a great imagination!

Jen said...

LOL!!! Send him & his microorganism truck with the antibody guns over to my house!!! :)

Lissa Ballard said...

OH my goodness, this is priceless! (And I love the matter kitty... too cute!)

Kylie said...

The microbiologist in me is appalled!!!!! I'm sending Seth an email!

LucisMomma said...

That is really neat, Seth!

Susan, weaver group mom (susan w in nw alabama)

Jodi said...

That is funny! Great picture too!

Geri said...

LOL ... what a great kid! And I can't believe you are turning him OCD... LOL