Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oh I missed this man!

I have already mentioned that he’s home.  I am so glad to see him.  ALTHOUGH I will say I did NOT miss his coat hanging on the living room furniture OR his shoes scattered across the living room floor….now I know for sure where the kids get it.  LOL!  We saw LOTS of this yesterday.  He didn’t sleep much on the trip home so was very tired yesterday.
helovesme
This was eye candy for me yesterday.  Next week it might annoy me he’s sleeping when the kids are running rampant through the house like crazy people but for today…I am thankful he’s home and next week I’ll be thankful that I can complain about his quirks…ROTF.  (and if you know me, you know I don’t really complain. :P)
And if you’ve ever met my husband, you also know he doesn’t have a romantic bone in his body.  Nope, not one.  He’s not mushy, gushy.  He’s not overly physically affectionate either.  I have always known this and I married him knowing full well that he is who he is.  I love him.  Period.  Yeah, the woman in me misses an occasional mushy comment or hand holding by the light of the moon across a sandy beach…ROTF, but I love him and I know he loves me.  Occasionally, he will step completely out of character and surprise me.  He did this while he was gone. 
I am the keeper of the fundage…so it’s hard for him to surprise me with expensive gifts.  So he warned me that he was taking a rather large sum of money out of the bank and that when I saw where it was going to be spent I’d know what he was up to.  That comment alone made me know where he was shopping….ROTF.  And it raised my hopes of what he was shopping FOR.  He went to Eircil’s Jewelry . All of my “real” jewelry has come from this store…with the exception of my wedding set that we bought from Fingerhut back when we were poor (ok MORE poor-LOL).  It wasn’t an expensive set or even a nice set.  But I  am not a material girl much to the chagrin of Madonna I am sure…and I valued the original set that Pat placed on my finger.  Right after we PCS’d to Germany, I was carrying a laundry basket of clothing through the doorway and smacked my hand on the doorway…losing the tiny diamond that was in my ring.  I cried and NO I did NOT find it.  Pat talked about replacing it and I told him that the ring itself wasn’t worth putting a nice diamond…unless sentimental value counted (it does to me).  I mentioned at the time I’d love to replace the set sometimes.  Our anniversary is April 4th.  We’ll be married 17 years this year. 
In the end the stinker made two withdrawals to equal a large sum of money out of the ATM machine.  He wanted to make me doubt my knowledge.  He wouldn’t discuss it either.  Told me that he had to keep it put away for an additional two weeks after he got home.  GRRR.  I don’t like to wait. I am not known for patience.  Just ask him about my level of patience.  LOL.
So last night, I was lying on the couch and he cuddled up with me and I told him I had found my engagement  ring that had disappeared (it was underneath my desktop computer which was underneath my monitor which of course is right where *I* put it and he didn’t see when he moved the desktop for me).  He jumps up, grabs his carry-on and places a beautiful gold and burgundy box in front of me.  I grinned….and the tears started flowing.  BECAUSE this dude asked me to marry him the same way…by placing a box on the table in front of me (talk about self-assurance…he was pretty sure of what the answer was back then LOL).  He had tears in his eyes and I knew…he was asking again…or at least telling me he’d still marry me.  Thick and thin…I wouldn’t change our marriage.  Even the bad has ended in good.  This man loves me.  He puts up with my mood swings.  He gave me 5 gorgeous children.  I love him.  He is my best friend. 
helovesme1
I made him pose for a picture.  LOL…he hates his picture taken almost as much as I do. 
helovesme2

22 comments:

Geri said...

What a great man! I am so glad he did that for you! And to keep it a surprise was so crazy mushy! Yep, he's a keeper - I am so happy for you ... its soooo pretty

Auntie Em said...

awwww now I'm crying!!!!

ladynurse4 said...

so happy for you that he is home and that the steadfast love and committment is there for all to see.

Nina said...

What a sweet story! Yep....he's a keeper! What was it I was thinking......."way to go "Tara"....way to go"!

Meghan said...

He's a keeper for sure!

Lissa Ballard said...

Oh Tara! It's a beautiful ring and your story is even better. Yep, count me in with the criers... I'm crying with/for you right now out of happiness.

I'm so glad Pat's home with you all again. I know how much you must have missed him...

Big hugs!
Lissa

Jen said...

Awwww - that made me cry!!!! How awesome! :)

Marinka said...

aaaaahhhhhh, what a sweetie he is!!!!
The ring is gorgeous Tara!

Tricia said...

How sweet! He's a keeper!

Tricia said...

How sweet! He's a keeper!

Aleta said...

awww! how sweet!

Amy M. Guimond said...

what an amazing man you have to know how much it meant to you that your ring broke and that he wanted to give you something to "replace" it. we get married every day when we wake up in the morning... its good to know that others do too.

Betsie Morris said...

Aw! That is awesome! You are awesome! You so deserve a ring and that was so sweet of him!

BunnyKissd said...

omg... crying... how sweet!

Jodi said...

Aww... whether is mushy or not. I think he is a keeper! Defintely! lol Pretty ring and nice picture! I think story and pictures calls for a page! lol

Julie said...

Ahhhhh what a sweet story!!!!! You can tell he loves you so much! So glad he is home for a while!

weavermom said...

What a great story! Congratulations on 17 years! :)

Ruth said...

That is a romantic man!!! Sometimes love is contentment and knowing you can count on your spouse. He IS a keeper.

I'm so happy for you that he is home.

Momma Roar said...

*sniff* *sniff*

Beautiful!! Everything, but especially you two and a love for 17 years - especially with 5 kids ;-P

MadebyGenieS said...

awww, that's really sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

awwww...how awesome!!

KaosKate said...

Wow that was really cool!! My hubby is not the romantic type. We don't really celebrate other than sometimes a trip together. I will stay that he love to hold my hand and snuggle up with me. But no roses or big surprises. But just like you, I would not trade him for the world! Thanks for sharing Tara!