Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seth’s New Glasses!!

Back in November Seth got his eyes examined…much to my shock and surprise the little guy has very BAD eyes.  His eyes were +3.5 each.  We were only given part of his prescription at the time because the doctor said it was too much of a difference and wanted to introduce the prescription a little at a time.  The goal was to give him about half of the full prescription in November and the rest of it six months later.
Glasses are expensive.  So I used frames we had from when Garret was little for the initial pair.  No…they weren’t trendy or even remotely cool.  But he looked rather cute in them.  Here’s a picture for you see:
sethglasses
I noticed from about mid-February that Seth was getting close to the TV again and having trouble seeing things as he is working in his writing workbook and learning to read.  So I made an appointment.  We had that appointment on March 18th.  Bad news…one of his eyes has gotten worse, she said possibly both because he’s so young that he has a hard time telling us what looks better to him.  Now one eye is +3.5 and the other +4….with some problems with near sightedness as well.  Again the same thing….she didn’t give him the whole prescription but DID increase it for both eyes.  I’ve already noticed a difference in his ability to see.  This time I bought new frames for him.  He picked them.  They are bottle green…telling you this because you can’t see it in the picture.
sethnewglasses

Now to take care of the need for a haircut.  LOL

5 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

hey Seth COOL glasses!

Brandi said...

Cute!

KaosKate said...

He looks so cute. I hope he understand how important it is to use them! Mikey passed another year without glasses. Mine got worse :-( I went back to contacts. Have a great week!

Jen said...

He's so cute!!!

ladynurse4 said...

very cool glasses Seth! Good choice!