Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weaving with wonder and delight….

Our Weaver unit for this chapter is on plants.  The objective for Kindergarten was to go on a walk to collect leaves.  UMMM…we don’t have any leaves on the trees YET here in Germany.  LOL.  So while dropping the kids off at youth group on base, we took a gander down the road and looked at some other things on tree.  We did pick up some dead leaves to use in our objective the next day.
They are standing in front of it but this tree has a wound and I was able to show them some of the layers in the tree.
em&sethtree3

I also showed them a tree stump so they could see the rings and the heartwood, but didn’t photograph that.   Here’s my hand showing the kids the moss on the tree.
em&sethtree2

Checking out the fungus on the tree….

Em&Sethtree

On another note…I read the kids the parable about the Wise and Foolish Men.  I asked Tyler to explain the lesson behind the story that Jesus told…and before Tyler could even say a word Seth says, “Build your house on the Lord Jesus Christ of course MOM”.

1 comment:

LucisMomma said...

Very nice, Tara! We finally have leaves on lots of trees here--the pretty, little, new, bright green leaves here in NW Alabama. We are in Vol 4, ch 3--is that where you are too? I can't remember.

susan w in nw al. PS--so nice to put a face to your name. You are a lovely young lady! So glad hubby's home, too.