Thursday, April 02, 2009

Zoo Trip

We took a trip to the zoo in Stuttgart today.  Wilhelma Zoo is a favorite zoo of mine.  I have been “dying” to go since we have came back to Germany.  It’s one of the only things I miss about Stuttgart.  We could almost walk to Wilhelma when we lived in Stuttgart. 
Seth and Emily were SO excited about this trip.  They haven’t been to the zoo since, ahem, the last time we went to Wilhelma.  LOL.  In fact, it’s the only zoo they have ever been to…that’s kind of sad since the St. Louis Zoo is also a nice zoo.  LOL
We parked in the park house and on the way to the kasse to pay for our tickets (30 Euro for the entire family), we saw this sign:
sethleadingway
This zoo has beautiful architecture…the kasse (where you pay) is no exception.
Image007
Image010
Two pix taken as we were going inside the zoo:
Image006
Image004
Once we were inside the zoo, we visited the birds first.   The aviary building is very neat…we love that you can walk right up to the birds…and some of them are VERY curious!
Image020 
Image022
Image024
Image028
Image031
Image036

Of course we had to take our baby to see the penguins….however we couldn’t sweet talk her into walking like a penguin for NOTHING….her word of the day was “NEVER”. 
Image015
she was afraid the flamingoes were going to “get” her…
Image040
Next stop-botanical gardens!  We’ve studying plants in our current unit study in Weaver’s Volume 5….so this counts as a school field trip, right?  {wink}
Image041
Image042
Image044
Image045
Image046
Image047
Image048
Image049
I {might have} taken this picture because it matches a Gymboree line….
Image052
I have pictures of Courtney in front of this same display of cacti in 2002 or 2003.  My how they have BOTH grown.  LOL
Image055
Image057
Image059
Image060
Gosh mom…will ya leave me alone…I am too KEWL for this whole zoo thing and especially for your camera lens.  {eye roll…someone tell me this stage goes away….}
Image061
Image065
Image073

Image075
Image080
Image082
More gorgeous architecture…cute kids too.  ;)
Image086
Image087
Image089
Image092
Image111
Image127
Image129
Image132
Image134
Image203
Image206
Anyway…I’ll pick up another time with my monkeys looking at the monkeys….but it’s late and I am tired.  NIGHT!

9 comments:

BunnyKissd said...

The aviary is my favorite place at our local zoo. Those cacti are amazing! Looks like a great place to visit!

The Watts Family said...

Great Pictures Tara ...loks like a fun place to explore ...bet you will get some nice scrap booking from those!!

Missus Wookie said...

Cute photos - not sure about the phase... we still don't like our photos being taken now hmm?

Oh and DEFINITELY school trip :)

Julie said...

Beautiful pics Tara!! I love architecture as well and love looking at old buildings because they are always the best! *L* And would you believe that is why I like to go to Vegas..to see the new buildings/casinos and what kind of architecture they have. yeah I know, I'm weird *L*
Hey, you might be addicted to scrapping if you take a pic because you have some paper that will match...ROTFL!! I love it!!

weavermom said...

Looks like a super-fun day!

Auntie Em said...

Goodness!!! Quite the photographer!

Jodi said...

Great pictures! I love going to the zoo.

Pauline said...

Great pictures, i do solemnly swear that i do believe that this stage of non-smilin goes away and as for military smilin ... again i don't think any of them do (tim has been retired 12 yrs the best smile i can get is him stickin out his tongue unless you count our wedding pictures. ... i love seeing germany through your camera lens ... thanks for sharing

ladynurse4 said...

Makes me miss Germany and those carefree days of homeschooling. Great flower pics!