LO #1
Monster Man~
I used Crate paper’s orbit line, some thickers, and a piece of KI Memories die cut paper…oh yeah AND an old vellum quote. Seth has always loved books. He still sits around with books, flipping through the pages, pretending to read them.
Sidenote…I always thought/hoped this meant he’d be willing to learn to read. Much to my surprise he didn’t want to learn to read because he thinks daddy will stop reading to him. We can’t seem to make him believe that daddy will read to him every night at bedtime until he’s ready for daddy to stop. :( He has finally decided that learning to read isn’t as big of a problem, but of course he has that ole issue of Phonemic Awareness that we are working through. I know, from previous homeschooling experience with Tyler that one day he’ll just take off reading. It’s still frustrating for him to not understand what blending is all about….it just hasn’t clicked in his head. Also, I read somewhere that some children don’t learn to read until they have lost their two TOP front teeth. We’ll see….
LO #2
Defining Kewl
This one I will actually rework. I don’t like how the Stickles look on my border. So I’ll fix it and try again…More Crate Paper Orbit papers.
LO #3
Giggly Baby
I’ve been having a hard time with two page LO’s. I don’t know if I am just out of practice or have run out of ideas or WHAT…but I haven’t been happy with most of my two pagers. They are BORING.
I like how this one turned out. I used Basic Grey papers and some thickers and Primas. I had a good time playing with my stash…that’s what counts RIGHT?
the polka dotted letters…I made these myself out of foam, Technique tuesday stamps, and Staz-On ink.
close up of the acrylic frame I used and the doodlng on my Primas.
More doddling on Primas plus a close up of the shaped paper behind my large photo. This is a die cut from Silhouette. I still love and use that thing often!
I used the stickers from the Basic Grey collection kit for centers on some of my flowers as well as brads from the same line on others (those you can see in the picture just above this one).
CHALLENGE
As you know, I have a message board called OSU that I run with friends. Our team is volunteering to host monthly challenges on the board. It’s June 1 and new challenges have been posted. This is the one that I posted.
Color Challenge
Use these colors on a LO. You may add other colors but all three of these colors MUST be on your LO!
Here’s my example LO
I used Jenni Bowlin, Cherry Arte, and LIttle Yellow Bicycle papers for this LO. I am happy with the way it turned out. since it’s a shaped background, I used cheap whte paper to put behind it in the album. (no it’s not glued onto the paper)
And what would a blog post be without a cute picture of one of the kids:
No clue what she’s doing….LOL
5 comments:
Love your scrap book pages ~thanks for sharing ~sweet picture of your daughter ~Have a blessed week:-)
Awesome!!! I love the "Giggly Baby" LO!
But she's definitely cute!
That Monster layout is the best!!!
My absolute fav & you have given me inspiration to do a "monster" page about Cheekers!
Love it!
Love it!
Love it!
Upload it to Divalicious & I will use it as the homepage layout for our group. I am looking for new blood for that page :>)
The Giggly Baby has a lot of very nice detail and I love the sunglasses pictures! Too cute!
Post a Comment