Tomorrow we fly back to Germany where I have well over 1000 photos to sort and edit before sharing. The kids are looking forward to home.
Today was a good day. We spent the morning at the Pisa Tower area and went through the cathedral, the mausoleum, and two museums. Then our last stop was a trip up the Leaning Tower itself. We weren't allowed to take the little ones up due to their ages (trust me, that was okay with THEM and US). I went up with the older kids. It's a chance of a lifetime...truly. I am scared of heights...and discovered that the kids weren't that crazy about them either...LOL. Anyway, it's quite a hike up that sucker. I'll save some commentary for when I post with pictures.
Afterwards, we hiked back down to the hotel for lunch. Ham sandwiches...some of the best food we've eaten since we arrived. (until tonight's dinner) Then we walked back to the bus stop, made sure we got a different teller, and took a ride out to the American Beach. Seth loves the water. He cried and tried to tantrum when we left but you know what? without an audience that cares it's not so much fun to cry. LOL. We cleaned up and got some slushies and then rode a very crowded bus ride back to the hotel.
Cleaned up again....whew it's hot here and then dinner. Where I wanted to eat LAST night...but Pat was dead set on taking us to that other restaurant. I wouldn't LET them order fish tonight...the smell made me nauseous last night so thought I'd pass tonight. Anyway...it was a pasta place. Yum. I don't there is another word to describe it. Tyler said that he finally left a place FULL. Even Miss Picky Em herself ate tonight. After dinner, we got the kids ready for bed while I packed up some of the stuff to leave tomorrow. Pat and I snuck out to get some gelato after the kids were sleeping. I am still positive that Italians don't sleep....ever. They party all night right under out window sill every night. I know they were still going strong at 3:41 this morning.
Good night ladies....time for bed. Looking forward to Germany's cooler climate tomorrow. (not the rain however...)
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
1000 pics to sort! Holy cow, I don't envy that chore!
Hope yall enjoyed the gelato!!!
Glade that you had a great day and time! Can't wait to see all the pictures of your trip.
Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
Post a Comment