Today was SO MUCH BETTER!!!! We did have a tough time sleeping but that’s okay! After showers and breakfast we took off to the train station and caught a train to Florence, rather than Rome. We decided that 8 hours of train riding wasn’t worth the trip to see the Coliseum. I don’t think the kids would have had much fun, especially not the two little ones. Florence is a much nicer city than Pisa….let me tell ya!!! Not nearly as dirty or smelly.
After we returned from Florence, we came back to the hotel to clean up and then had some Gilato….gosh, Italians know how to make ICE CREAM. I had the best pineapple ice cream I have ever tasted. No joke. Then we went walking to find a place for dinner. We ended up in a restaurant that Pat had eaten at when he was here on TDY in 2005. Ahem….the food was interesting. ROTFLOL. I knew we were in trouble when the waiter brought the kid’s fish raw. LOL. My food was fine…Emily refused to eat her. Seth and Pat scarfed their food down. We aren’t gourmet food material…nope. LOL.
After eating dinner, we came back to the hotel and bought the kids a slice of pizza each. :D Then got them all bathed and ready for bed. Pat and I went downstairs to get some more gilato. There’s an ongoing party under out bedroom windows nightly…loud. I am surprised that we slept at all but we did. I know at one point last night I was wondering if Italians ever slept. ROTFLOL. ANNNNDDDD they get up early. ;)
So day two was much better and I think tomorrow will be equally fine. I am off here to bed now. NIGHT
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a good day!
Glad to hear you had a better day! Enjoy your time in Italy ~Blessings Heather ;-)
Yay! SO glad to hear today was better.
Oh so glad things are looking up.. No raw fish for me but Gilato is SOOO good coffee flavor for me.. Have you had any wonderful coffee yet?? Are you going to Venice(did I spell that right?)That's where I wanna go.. Ok you are making my lil mini vacation to Branson just seem.... lol no someday I'll go to Italy...
So glad day 2 was better!!!! :) Have some gelato for me! ;)
Post a Comment