Saturday, August 01, 2009

Interior Pix of Piazza del Duomo

First off, I apologize for not getting these up sooner.  I just ran out of time last weekend before leaving for London.  And now of course, I have a million more photos to share of that trip…ROTF!!!
Ceiling!
Image194
Image195
Image197
Image198
Image199
Image206
No matter how I tried I couldn’t get a good picture of this (I ended up buying a post card of it)
Image217
Image205
And look at the detail underneath that stained glass window!
Image205
Image208
Image215
We, then, went down into the ‘basement’ of the cathedral to see the crypt.
Image218
Image219
Image220
Image221
Image222
Image223
Image225
Image228
And when I turned around from taking this photo, I could see this:
Image229
Image231
Image233
Image235
We were finished and went back upstairs where I took a few more pictures.  We also finished walking around the interior and then left.
Image238
So I leave you with this edition….LOL.  Next up is our wanderings around in PISA itself in the Court of Miracles.

No comments: