Sunday, September 06, 2009

Bernkastel-kues (Weinfest der Mittelmosel)

Last night we loaded up with our church family and caravanned out to this lovely German city for a fest and fireworks.  Our pastor said that it was the BEST fireworks you had ever seen.  He was right!  The town was absolutely lovely…would love to walk the streets when it’s not so crowded!
Image035
Image041
Image039
Image042

Here we are, all cozy…the extra kid sitting next to Tyler is his newest girl.  (Stephenie)
Image051
Image052
Image055
Image059
Come on DAD (I didn’t have the camera!!!) leave me alone…Garret’s exact words….
Image068
UMMM…Garret when are you going to learn that hiding from the camera isn’t even feasible?
Image075
Image071
Pat was playing with the settings on his camera….as you can see from the first picture of the castle ruins, it’s getting darker.
Image092
And darker still….
Image097
Image168
Either it doesn’t take much to impress me, or this smiley face is WAY COOL.
Image128
Night all… I have to get back to my lesson plans!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh wow! I would LOVE to go visit that town. So pretty! And you're right the smiley face is cool!

The Watts Family said...

Wow great pictures looked like fun!~Blessings Heather ;D

nisacatbo said...

Tara!~ just popping in from the Weaver list to check out your castles (how cool that you and your beautiful family get to see them for real!) and I scrolled down and around to check out your awesome blog. Oddly enough, I've been here before ~chills~ I looked at your Weaver binder a while back when it came up on some search or another. Strange and wonderful - I'll be back.
Denise >^.^<