Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trains and more trains….

We have a train lover in our home.  It all started with Thomas The Tank Engine.  Now he’s into all trains.  Last weekend, Pat discovered that there was a historical thing going on at the old Baumholder Railhead behind his office!  A real live Steam Engine came and it was scheduled to return a few hours later.
Image1129
Image1000
We rushed back to the railhead with the little ones and Courtney at 6:50 p.m. Sumday to see the steam engine up close and personal, but unfortunately it broke and they brought this one instead.
Image1038
I wouldn’t know a THING about the little ones sticking their tongues out at the photographer…nope, not me….batting my innocent little eyes.
Image1062
Image1078

Emily was just now looking at these pictures with me and said, “I was FREAKING OUT”.  Indeed she was.  She wasn’t thrilled being in front of that train on the tracks.  It was running.  LOL
Image1112
Seth, on the other hand, was TICKLED to be that close to the train!
Image1120
So you can see how old and dilapidated this railhead is…..
Image1157
Seth watching the train coming…
Image1154
The two of them posing by one of the passenger cars.
Image1141

And JUST for the purely sweetness factor…
Image1124

1 comment:

Geri said...

I'm with emily on this one... no way do I want to be standing a few feet in front of that much steel! Talk about scary!