Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Early Birthday Party

Because we are moving back to the US in the next few weeks, Pat asked me a couple of weeks ago if I’d like an early birthday party.  UHHHHH….sure.  No, really?  YEHAW.  A birthday party for little ole me?  Thank you honey, looking at you adoringly.  OK…all jokes aside.  We always have birthday parties for myself and Pat….it’s for the kids.  They enjoy it.  They like to watch us blow out the candles and open presents and make cards and homemade gifts for us.  It’s a sweet tradtion. 

So, what kind of cake do I want this year?  I normally go with a Watergate Cake.  YUM.  This year I asked for angel food and strawberries.  It’s a nice summer concoction.  YUM.

DSC_1546

Pat begins to make the cake….

and I get out the camera….and get THIS:

DSC_1547

Put the camera away or I won’t make the cake at all.  He stomps out of the kitchen and goes to sit down.  Sigh.  Here I was all excited about the blog post I could make of my sweetheart of a husband making my birthday cake.  No such luck.  ROTF.

DSC_1548

DSC_1556

He asked Courtney to cut and prep the strawberries and then he added sugar just before serving.

DSC_1557

Can you see the sweet cards I got from my kids?  Seth even drew and cut out a hang glider for me.  ;)  Emily glittered her card for me.  She was too funny, I left the cards on the after the party, and she made sure HERS made it to my  desk.  LOL.

Pat got me a pair of candlesticks to match my Polish Pottery (you can see that in the background behind me).  

And THIS:  which I love

DSC_1565

He bought it at the Baumholder Arts Fair thing-a-ma-bob after I saw and it DROOLED over it.  OK, not really.  Drooling isn’t lady like.  LOL.

So happy early birthday to me.  I can’t wait to hang it up in our new home….wherever THAT is.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Pat is a keeper!

Anonymous said...

aww! Happy Birthday!! Looks like a yummy angelfood cake!! MMM!