Sunday, June 13, 2010

PCS Time…keeping the homefront clean

Did you know that when you move from a OCONUS location to a CONUS location, you have to pass EPA and customs regulations?  Tis true.  We have a custom’s inspector at our house Friday morning, BRIGHT AND EARLY.  He looked at all of our outdoor type equipment, grill, lawn chairs, pots for plants, golf clubs, etc….and told us what to clean, BUT was mostly surprised that it was already clean…except the POTS.

DSC_1532

DSC_1533

DSC_1534

Saturday is “Saturday Morning Clean-Up” in our house.  This Saturday, we included cleaning things for our move.  Things like the pots (and the attic and the storage sheds…and…and…)

We don’t want to bring soil, bugs (dead or living), mold, mildew, etc….home with us to the United States.  If any of those things had disease, we could potentially infect our food supply with a devastating disease.  UHHHH, yeah, I’d like to avoid that.  While I’d like a smaller rear end….starving to death isn’t on my list of ways to get one. silly   Just a thought.

So after scrubbing my pots, ( a few more than I photographed)…..they looked like this:

DSC_1535

And now that my teens have discovered yet another reason “why my mom is weird” (because I took pic of my dirty and then clean pots)…I’ll let ya go….ROTF

Technorati Tags:

No comments: