Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Challenger was challenged…

You know…I should know better.  I should, but I never learn.  LOL!  Kylie mentioned in the Scrappy Question of the Week (SOTW) at OSU that she didn’t like to scrap with the color yellow OR purple.  So, me being me…I challenged her to a LO using yellow. 

I gave Kylie a jumping off point using this LO from this blog:

kyliechallenged

And she did…but not before someone challenged ME to scrap with glitter.  How many of you know how much I despise glitter.  I hate the stuff.  It’s vile and evil.  It should be outlawed.   No…I really, REALLY am serious.  BLECK.  That someone who challenged me better be very careful with any envelopes that she opens from me.  MUWAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Kylie did a wonderful job with the challenge.  She knows exactly how to pull off a challenge.  I think she does her some of her best work when she’s being challenged…ducking.  (you missed Kylie)

kylies

Isn’t that INCREDIBLE!!???!!!!

OK…here’s my challenge LO.  I did use glitter.  I managed to use it without making a huge mess.  

DSC_4556

DSC_4549

DSC_4551

DSC_4553

DSC_4554

Thanks for looking.  Now to find that envelope……

7 comments:

ladynurse4 said...

very cool yellow LO. Love that a LO with glitter is about you! Great sewing. Lots of nice details to capture one's attention. You go girl!

Kylie said...

Did you do your border with the i-sew? I so want one and nearly bought one this morning, but I only want the wheel that does the scalloped border like you have.

This too is an incredible layout - we both exceeded expectations and I am surprised you glittered on fabric - get that page in a page protector pronto - before that shit comes off!!! LOL.

Great job!

Kylie said...

Oh Joyce, be VERY careful!

Missus Wookie said...

lol - you know I share you feelings about glitter, but this is pretty. I like the sewn frame and layers you've used here. :)

Geri said...

See you can do wonderful things with glitter! Yall both rocked the challenge! Love the fabric behind the photo and the stitched scallops

Tara O said...

Kylie....I mixed that glitter with Glossy Accents and painted it on with a sponge brush. It's not going ANYWHERE.

Tricia said...

Beautiful LO! Love the glitter, LOL!!!