Today, I am sharing another layout that I created for the Buttons Galore and More Design Team! The DT members all received some beautiful new products from BGM to play with and the new 28 Lilac Lane Glittering Stars is one of my favorites from their new mixes! It's so beautiful! I really wanted to include this mix on a scrapbook layout and was playing around with the idea of making a 12x12 shaker page.
I mulled that idea around in my brain all night one night. Hey! What's a girl to do when she can't sleep?!!? She creates! I finally decided that a border around this photo would definitely fit the bill of a shaker page! I cut a rounded square out of the middle of my vellum with my Cameo and saved that square piece for another project. Then I layered the 12x12 border over a piece of lavender cardstock! I used my paper piercer to create the holes for my hand-stitching. I used DMC floss to stitch around the sides. I did fill each side as if it were a separate shaker and then closed it off. As I worked around the cardstock, I was able to manipulate the sequin and button mix around. They do move freely in between the vellum and cardstock. After I finished my shaker element, I layered up patterned paper, die cuts, and other embellishments. This was an easy shaker element to create and really draws your eyes to the photo of my daughter and husband.
Here's a close-up of my shaker border:
I also added some pretty Shimmering Half Pearl Flat Backs and a cupcake charm from the 28 Lilac Lane Hello, Cupcake kit. You can find that kit here.
Thank you for checking in with me this fine, Monday morning! Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment