Woot! Woot! It's the first day of a new month and that means it's reveal day over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog! Today, we have a new inspiration kit to help us shop our stash and create a kit based upon that kit! I am always super excited for this day!
This month, Master Forger Misty is inspiring us with a beautiful kit from Cocoa Daisy! She chose their Denim & Blush February 2021 kit for us this month! It's a perfect mix of soft colors with neutrals that you can scrapbook almost anything with it. I was thrilled with this choice! Here's a photo of the kit and some close-ups of various aspects of it as well!
Here's the Memory Planning Kit:
These are the main papers:
These are the planner papers, or extra papers:
Pocket cards:
Stamps:
Stickers:
Bible Journaling Kit:
Washi:
Embellishments:
As you can see, there's lots to choose from and for those of us who like to build HUGE kits we have choices!!! Plus, there are things to counterfeit! Win!!!
Here's the kit that I came up with. I'll share my papers first because I almost ALWAYS start building my kits with paper. This month was no exception. I meshed the two sets of pattern papers together to get the papers for my kit. The very first paper that caught my eye was the mixed ledger pattern from the Main Kit papers. It's in the top row, middle of that photo. I KNEW I had a piece of paper almost exactly like it in my stash, but I ended up asking a couple of friends to help me discover which collection it was in. One friend knew EXACTLY which piece it was! LOL!! The second piece I grabbed was pictured in the extra papers. Mintay had a piece in one of their collections that was literally almost identical. From there, I picked a yellow-gold gingham paper. After that i just found papers that had similar patterns to the original and then threw in a few to round out the color palette from the inspiration kit. Here are my papers:
Left side: Maggie Holmes Garden Party Taking Notes, DCWV Cotton Fields Paper Pad, First Edition Paper Wanderlust paper pad (arrows), One Canoe Two Twilight Fireflies "B side" (X2), One Canoe Two Willow Take Care "B" side, First Edition Paper Wanderlust paper pad (hearts). and Hip Kit Club September Days Pass Me A Note "B side" (this one is for a forgery!!).
Right side: Echo Park Farmer's Market Gather Floral "B" side, One Canoe Two Twilight paper pad, One Canoe Two Twilight paper pad (pink plaid), Paige Evans Bungalow Lane #9 "B" side, First Edition Paper Wanderlust paper pad (floral and text), Mintay Harmony, and The Stamp Market Miss Modern (this is technically a scrap because it's partially used but there's about 10x12").
Next up are my embellishments. I did do the usual thing for me and put quite a few for me to choose in there. It is a mix of old and new as well. Some of those things have been in many kits since they appeared in my stash and I am really trying to use them up!
I know that is a large photo full of fun stuff to play with so here are some close-ups:
I included washi, alphas, and phrases in my kit as well!
Finally, I knew that I had stamps in my stash that were close matches to the set in the inspiration kit. I also knew that it wouldn't be only one set. I included four Close To My Heart stamp sets in my kit.
That's my kit for February! I know that it looks large. For me though...not so much. I scaled it down because I am still working with my December Advent Kit. It's a LOAD month over at ScrapHappy.org and I would like to attempt to play along. I am also co-hosting a Bash-Da-Scrap Ball over at I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking on MeWe. There will be plenty of prompts to help me USE both of these kits. It would be nice to not have anything to put away at the end of the month except completed layouts!! HA!
Here's the Blog Hop! Make sure you check it out and see what our Guest Designer and other Master Forgers have come up with this month!
Here’s the full hop link list
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge - https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Design - Gretl Dixon - https://bearlitemedia.blogspot.com/
- Misty - https://craftysoup.com/
- Cindy - https://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
- Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
- Lisa - http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com
- Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
- Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
- Tracey - http://3obsessions.blogspot.com/?m=1
Remember we have lots of fun coming up with for the month. So watch for these dates and wonderful stuff we have for you!
- 2nd of February (Misty): – Just the Gist of It – to help you find an easy way to create your kit.
- 4th of February: Forgery on the Fourth
- 6th of February: Mini- kit Reveal and Project Showcase
- 12th of February: Challenges #1
18th of February: Challenge #2 - 24th of February: Followers Showcase – who has caught our eye this month.
- 28th of February :Killing Kits
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog this month! Have a great rest of your week!!!
5 comments:
Fantastic kit :) Loads of embellishments to choose from :)Looking forward to seeing what you create with it
You GO, gurl! LOAD & Bash-Da-Scrap Ball will make quick work of this in no time :D (I completely missed the gold in the inspo so I may have to stash dive...)
Beautiful kit Tara. Pretty papers and a wheelbarrow load of embellishments! It feels good to use those up. Jealous of your enamel dots.
You have got a busy month there! Fabulous kit to get so many projects done as usual.
Fabulous kit, Tara. Love the leaves and flowers wood veneer. Have fun crafting this month.
Cindy f
Post a Comment