Thursday, February 01, 2024

February 2024 CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop

 It's that time again!  It's the first of the new month and that means that it's time for another Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop.  This month is Master Forger Brandi's first time taking over the blog for us and we are all excited for you!!  She chose an amazing kit for us to counterfeit from our stash from Not Just For Boys Kit Club!  We are counterfeiting the Limitless kit "November Rain" this month.  Let's take a look at this lovely kit! 


Isn't this just a FUN kit?  I was super excited to see brick and woodgrain patterned paper as well.  And the plaid!  Oh my!  So many lovely textures in this kit! Ya'll already know that I am a paper girl-throough and through.  I almost always start my kits with papers, and I went for my status quo this month.  Here are my patterned papers:


So let me show you my full kit and then I'll break down the kit with photos of the alphas and embellishments next! 



The next thing I pulled for my kit was the alphas that were in the Inspiration Kit.  They are from PinkFresh Studios Chrysanthemum.  My set came from a Hip Kit last year and so I was super glad to pull them.  This collection didn't have patterned papers to go with it-just embellishments.  They are perfect green to go with my patterned papers!  Then, because I am super "extra", I pulled some more alphas and phrases as well.   LOL!!


The inspiration kit had some of the American Crafts Farmstead Harvest ephemera in it.  I purchased that beautiful fall collection while I was at We Create in September.  I've used some of it so my ephemera is open.  In the photo below, I have turned over the packaging so you can see the different ephemera in them easily.  I had already corralled my ephemera into it's own envelope for ease of getting into for layouts. I used one of the patterned papers in my kit as a backdrop for the butterflies and chipboard that are clear packaging. 


So, this is my February kit and I cannot wait to dig into to play with!!  Let's see what the other Master Forgers and our Guest Designer have come up with.  First, let me introduce you to our Guest Designer.  Master Forger Brandi  chose and asked, Jessica Mikels as the Guest Designer.  Here's her photo and a little bit about her:


Meet Jessica Mikels!

 

Jessica is a mixed media paper crafter and dabbler of many other crafts. In this season of life, she especially enjoys scrapbooking, card making and art journaling. She likes to try every trend and technique at least once. She is a blessed mama and a wife to a man after God’s heart. Jessica also enjoys cooking, reading, writing, and hiking when she is not crafting. Her heart belongs to her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and to sweet and salty snacks. Follow her on Instagram, YouTube, and her blog to get inspiration, tips, and techniques for your own craft adventures!

 

I am super excited to see her kit and projects for this month! Here's the Social Media Hop for you.  I hope that you'll check it out.

1st February - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop

 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I hope to see your kits and projects in the FaceBook Community Group this month!!  

3 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Your kit looks lovely and has many interesting elements. I know you'll use it.

Misty said...

Love your range of papers. I'm jealous of those of you who had blue brick pp in your stash! That was my favorite piece from the inspo. I don't think I can even forge it. Dang. Do I go shop for blue brick paper now, LOL

Jessica Mikels Creative Designs said...

Thanks so much for having me Tara! I'm super stocked to be a guest designer this month and alsooo, super extra too! I tend to go on and on about the little details in my projects (and often in conversations says so my husband lol).