Wednesday, May 01, 2024

May 2024 CKCB Inspiration Kit and Social Media Hop!!!

Ok ya'll!  I think this year is flying by.  Somewhere it has sprouted wings and is going faster than I can keep up.  Is it just me?  I hope not.  Today, I am sharing my May 2024 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog kit.  This month, Master Forger Misty is in charge of the blog and she has a fun kit for us to use as inspiration to curate kits from our own stash!  Here's the kit from DLS Design Shop:



I love the colors and right off the bat, I knew it reminded me of PinkFresh Studios Some Day collection.  I'll chat a bit more about that when I share my kit with you.  I do want you to see some additional photos of this kit, so here they are!
















There is a ton of eye candy in this kit!  I already mentioned that the kit reminded me of PinkFresh Studios Some Days collection, but it also reminded me of Simple Stories My Story collection, specifically the book paper in that collection.  I was sad to see that I had already used the book paper from that collection so it doesn't make it into my kit.

I almost always start with the patterned papers.  This month is no different.  Here are my patterned papers for the May kit:
 

My papers come from Becky Higgins Project Life paper pack, PinkFresh Studios, Hip Kit, Freckled Fawn, Close To My Heart, a random paper pad, and Simple Stories.  I tried very hard to get the "spirit" of the papers in the original kit into my own and I think I nailed it.

Here's a photos of my entire kit:


This is a rather large kit, which hasn't been my usual this year so far.  It IS normal for me in general to have a large kit but I have backed off.  The reason why I created such a big kit for May is because I am moving at the end of this month compliments of the US Army and wanted to have plenty to play with while waiting for my Household Goods to arrive.  I added lots of different alphas with the hopes of using up some of the older ones but also to give me lots of choices.  I have phrases-both stickers and chipboard pieces.  I included stamps in my kit and floral ephemera too.  There's quite a bit of eye candy here so let me show you some close up photos!












Let's check out our Guest Designer for the month of May-Alison Day:


Blog: http://alisondaydesigns.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/daydesigning/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/@AlisonDayDesigning

"Hi I'm Alison and I've been playing with pretty paper since 2009. I've dabbled in crafts of every description all my life, but I discovered scrapbooking when my children were small, and I didn't look back. I trained as an Interior Designer and tend to use my knowledge of colour and design on my pages and in my cards instead of other people's houses. I'm a life-long student so learning from others inspires me and tends to lead to ideas. More ideas than I have time in the day to implement! 

In 2021 I opened an Arts & Crafts store in my town of Ladner, BC. (https://www.ladnervillagecrafts.ca/) It became my home away from home and being surrounded by not only racks and racks of pretty paper, but also fabric, yarn and painting supplies has had my brain buzzing ever since. It also allows me to give back in the form of teaching others what I've learned over the years. In the fall of 2022 I audited a beginner crochet class to be better educated as a yarn salesperson, and now I'm completely obsessed with all things yarn! Don't be surprised if my layouts are all about crochet projects now LOL.

I am super grateful to my friend Misty for giving me the opportunity to share my passions with you and can't wait to see what you all do with this month's inspiration!"

Here's the Social Media Hop for May.  Make sure you leave everyone some love on their links!

1st May - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop

 

 

2 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Fabulous BIG kit Tara. I think you have enough to survive your move! Pretty colours in the whole thing and yes you've managed to match the original kit well. Happy move, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Misty said...

Fantastic big kit. Love the PinkFresh Some Days in there. I got one sheet of that in my kit. Didn't think to pull some of the embellishments (oh brain).