Wednesday, April 01, 2026

April 2026 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal & Social Media Hop

 

 Well, it's the first of April and it's time for another Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop.  This month, Master Forger Julene has chosen a kit from Citrus Twist.  Here are some photos of the kit:



 Before I share the kit that I curated from my stash, I want to introduce you to the Guest Designer for April.  Her name is Diana.


Here's Diana's bio:

This is exciting for me. I have never been asked to do anything like this before. I love CKC because it challenges me to use my stash in so many new ways. I am so glad I found this community! I have been a paper crafter for most of my life and I started making layouts 35 years ago. I am a wife ( for 46 yrs.) years. My hubby and I are quite a pair. He is "ducks" and I am "squirrels"...makes for a fun and interesting life. I am mom to 2 adults children ( and their partners) and Nana to 7 grandchildren, ranging in age from 7 yrs - 20 yrs old. These people are my life and most often the subject of my layouts. A few of the grandkids even craft with me. I have a full time job at an industrial laundry. We supply our regional hospitals and care facilities. When I am not at work, I enjoy my aquafit and gym classes. I love making food art for my family, for every holiday. I love being outdoors. I enjoy photography. I love viewing and making visual art. Lately I'm loving mixed media. And of course I love spending time with my family Fun fact about my layouts: I hate making titles because too often I feel like they end up ruining the whole design . I hope you all enjoy the month of April at CKC. 

You can see photos of Diana's kit on the CKC blog post or our FB group.

 For my kit, I chose to go with mostly Maggie Holmes collections.  I did start with the paper first. 


These papers are all from various Maggie Holmes collections.

I also included a 6x8 mini paper pad from her Round Trip collection:


I added just a few embellishments and Thickers/alphas:



 I do have a very short video of my kit to watch here if you'd like a verbal account of my kit.

Social Media Hop:

As always, thank you for stopping by my blog today and I can't wait to see what you share on our FaceBook Group. 

2 comments:

Misty said...

Beautiful choices. Can't go wrong with some Maggie Holmes.

Julene Matthews said...

Lovely kit and nice colours in the papers. It's good to use up those smaller size paper pads.