
I AM going to accomplish my scrapping goal this month which was to Scrap one page out of my dh's Military Album, scrap a page out of one of the FIVE baby books I have started, and 12 LO's in that 2003 Family Album. The first two are accomplished. I am still working on the last part of that goal. I have just finished my 10th LO for that part of the goal with a sum total of 14 LO's for the month. Of course some of those LO's are TWO page LO's. This is the LO I finished a few minutes ago-not a big deal, just DONE!
OK-Pat's PT test. Yes he passed-with flying colors. He didn't break any records or anything but he did manage to be the only desk sergeant who passed the test-OF COURSE two of the others are BROKEN soldiers and can't take the test-LOL> He came in first for the run. I don't remember how fast he said he was-maybe it was 2 miles in 15.25 minutes or something like that. Way faster than I can run at any rate. That was the part I was worried about because of his ankle. Sit-ups and push-ups aren't a problem for him usually except for the time he hurt his elbow somehow.
They also called him out in formation against his wishes to have him re-enlist. you see this is normally a big DEAL in a soldier's career. The reason he didn't want to make a big deal out of it is because he just re-enlisted a year ago. He got a nice, SWEET bonus for that new contract too. The only reason he is re-enlisting again is because he has to have at least 5 years left in his contract to go CID. He's under that by a few months. So he had to re-enlist but he wanted to do it quietly with just a witness. But OH NOOOOOO....they had to do it with the a formation and speeches and congratulations...and stupid certificates. I was invited but since I knew Pat didn't want a big deal I didn't bother to show up. Good thing, they would have called me out in the darned formation too. I DON'T THINK SO!!! I don't like crowds and I don't like to talk in front of them-I freeze...big surprise I know, because I am a chatterbox but I have trouble with public speaking so avoid it at all costs. Oh well I got a stupid certificate out of the deal-AGAIN. So now Pat is officially going to be in the Army for another 6 years....no biggie, he's planning on retiring after 20...can you say only 14 years, 8 months and 16 days until retirement???? UGH! Good thing I don't normally think about retirement-that's depressing...14 years of Army crap? YIPEEE (insert dripping sarcasm) I know-The Army has been good to us and I am thankful for a paying job that is reliable. But I don't have to LIKE their crap! :D
Back to Pat's re-enlistment...they really bragged on him. Said he is the kind of soldier to be. He's always on top of things and very professional. I think although he didn't want to be in that formation today that he needed to hear what his leadership think of him. SEE, I am NOT the only one proud of him and his committment. Too bad he doesn't get promotion for effort-LOL. He'd be top of the food chain in my opinion! All in good time though.
Sisters....love them-MOST of the time. My baby sister is pregnant and she hates every second of it. I can't imagine it-I love it, every second of it-LOL. She's wanting to get her tubes tied immediately after the baby is born. This is her only baby. I know lots of people decide they only want one kiddo. I am fairly certain this is "I am sick of being pregnant" talking and not only wanting one child. I tried to discourage this but we will see....Real reason I brought her up is she's living a poor white trash Days Of Our Lives. Let's see where do we start?? Oh yeah at 18 she starts dating a man only a couple of year younger than our mom. don't send me hate mail about these type of relationships working sometimes-she was EIGHTEEN for God's sake and hadn't even moved out of our parent's house. Anyway that relationship lasted until early last year...and I was right, he was a sicko who only wanted to sleep with a young girl. But we won't go there. ;-) Sister didn't like me telling her I was right-LOL (I was nice). So a few months later she gets MARRIED to someone else!! Big surprise its love at first sight only he has knocked up a stripper. Who lives WITH him!!! Still following me?? 'Sister gets preggo less than three months later with this baby, her first and HIS third...because he also has a son from one of his previous TWO marriages. Joey is a sweet little boy and I hate that he's got this man as a father. SO...do you think he is staying away from stripper??? oh no, he moved her out of his house because of course now he's married to my sis. But he parks a mobile home next door. This woman can come and go anytime she pleases and has threatened to kill my sister. (and the baby)...still following?? Well Sister calls me today wanting to know if she can go ahead and pick up the baby monitors I told her she was welcome to have. Sure...why? Because she has been reading this strippers journal and it has all kinds of references to "deeds" her dh has been doing with her. Sister is going to put this baby monitor in the stippers house so that when her dh goes over to "see the baby" she can listen in on their conversations. UGH....Hope she's really prepared for what she might learn! Or hear. :(( Days of our lives.....(and I am related to these people?? Glory halelujah-LOL) Sorry for the vent...had to get that off my chest.
3 comments:
Congrats on almost making your goal. I count EVERY page as a page. :0)
Days of Our Lives for sure! I guess you are right...she may or may not be prepared to hear what all is going on.
YAY for Pat! I'm glad they have no problem giving kudos when they are due. Sounds like a cool thing...sorry you missed it, but I understand why.
Congrats on getting done what you had planned this month.
Yay for Pat. Glad that they recognize what he does for them.
Congrats on your goal! Cute layout! You're almost there!
WOoohooo for hubby! You must be so proud!
I'm sorry about your sis, hopefully she will see the light! I have to say it is more harder to "listen" to reality than what you make up in your head! KWIM?? But maybe if she hears it then she will find something better!
I LOVED being preggo...just wish I could be 1 last time!
Post a Comment