Friday, April 21, 2006

I did not ONE LO today but TWO



Wow-two in a day...that is a record for me lately-LOL. I even have a third one planned in my head but seeing as how its after one in the morning and the kids get up early I think its time to hit the sack.

The first one is pictures my neighbor from Germany took of my dd while she was attending at her house. This LO was done with Scrap Good's April kit with the exception of the rub-ons. The monogram I made from tracing a Basic Grey Monogram, wrapped ribbon around it, painted a chipboard circle white and inked it, then put that flower in the middle. The rest of the letters are die cuts from the kit that I inked. Sssshhhh...don't tell anyone but I wasn't crazy about the patterned paper in this month's kit. Ironically I have used quite a bit of it-probably because its not the paper that "is too pretty to use". LOLOL!!

The second LO is of my two dear son's Garret and Seth. Seth was snoozing on Garret's shoulder when I took the picture. The round fuzzy looking circle on the pocket holding my journaling is a label sticker from Making Memories and says Amigos. Too bad you can't read it in the scan. The "ric rac" near the top is actually cardstock I cut using my scallop deco scissors (YES I still own every single pair I bought). This LO is basically a non-SG LO which is unheard of from me these days because I have been using my SG kits like a wild and crazy woman. Haven't even begun to empty my stash of those though.

Both sets of pictures were taken in 2003. I think I have something like 27 LO's left to do in that album now. Progress, although the slow kind, is better than none. I had 42 at the beginning of the month. ;-)

New around here today? Emily thought we weren't watching when she let go of the chair she was standing in front of to grab something and then smirked when she figured out we were watching. The little booger better start walking soon-LOL. I think she's messing with my mind.

Pat has a PT test today (it IS morning after all). He needs to pass it. I hate PT time, I always worry because if he fails, he gets into trouble and this affects promotions and school dates and well down-right makes HIM feel like crap. The reason I am worried? He sprained his ankle really badly a few months ago. Its taken forever to heal. Please pray for him when you read this. His PT is at zero-dark-thirty (army lingo for too stinking early-LOL). He's also re-enlisting at 9 this morning. No big deal because he's only doing it so he can get that school for CID.

OH speaking of CID...some of you already know that he was accepted recently. This is one of the things Pat enlisted in the Army at the ripe ole age of 30 for back in 2001. Its been slow getting here but he's finally got the acceptance. His school is here at FLW and is in guaranteed for August. We have been talking about where we want to go next. We discussed Hawaii-seriously who wouldn't want to live there??? We get a cost of living allowance if we go to HI. He also discussed Germany again-I am NOT ready for that yet. Then the other day when I was feeling rather overwhelmed at the thought of moving AGAIN, I was praying "God, please put us where You want us to be. Please give us a duty assignment that will be good for our family as a whole, where we will be happy." Would you believe he came home from work that day and asked me what I would think about staying here????? The kids would be ecstatic. I would be fine with it because after all this is my hometown and my entire family is within minutes of my front door. If Pat were to deploy to Iraq, I have a built-in support group full of family to help me out. I know I can take you guys with me wherever I go, but most of you are too far away to baby-sit if I need to get away. We discussed the idea of staying and I told him I would NOT mind staying. The next day he went to the CID office here to "feel them out". They informed him that they had already requested him as soon as his schooling is over. That this was likely where he is going to end up. LOL...glad *he* decided it was okay to stay before the ARmy informed him he WAS staying. The kicker...another CID agent told him that THIS duty assignment is one of the best in the world becuase the case load will give him lots of experience with different types of cases whereas a larger unit would put him on one type of cases and that would be what he would do for that three year tour. Cool!! God works in mysterious ways. If this is what He has in store for us...then who am I to argue? OK-I have really rambled...NIGHT (or rather mornin')

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome LOs Tara! Love how you wrapped the ribbon around the p! Love the pp on the boys' LO!! I'm glad to hear that you will be staying around your family...it's always nice to have them around and be in your hometown. (Specially when you need a babysitter)

Jodi said...

Great lo's! Love the idea of the ribbon wrapped around the letter. Like the pocket on the boys one. Glad to hear that you will be getting to stay around your family for a while longer. Hmm... give me 24 hour notice that you need a sitter and I can get there. rofl

@wesome@bby said...

Awesome deal on the living arrangements, chicka! (And MO is NOT that far away from TN...might just get to meet you yet!!!) I love when God answers prayers that quickly for us, LOL!

Praying for Pat's test this morning...though it may be over by now. How'd it go?

OK, I got so wrapped up in reading and so excited to respond that I only saw one layout...the other wasn't done loading yet! DUH! LOVE the boy one, though, and now I'm off to look at the girly one! :0)