Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Silly Quiz

What American accent do you have?
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net

Western. Like Midland, Western is another accent that people consider neutral. So, you might not actually be from the Western half of the country, but you definitely sound like it.

Take this quiz now - it's easy!
We're going to start with "cot" and "caught." When you say those words do they sound the same or different?







Here's my results:

Western. Like Midland, Western is another accent that people consider neutral. So, you might not actually be from the Western half of the country, but you definitely sound like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get to the test from here, but I did link the main.
I took the test.
Midland. The Midland (please don't confuse with "Midwest") itself is the neutral zone between the North and South. Since it is considered a neutral, default, "non-regional" accent you could easily be from someplace without its own accent, like Florida, or a big city in the South like Dallas, Houston, or Atlanta. I was born, and live in Oregon. (Or-ee-gun) My mom was born here, and my dad in Washington state. LOL I have always been told I talk funny.

Momma Roar said...

Mine got like that the first time too - I went back and right clicked 'select all' and then copy and got it to work. Sorry it didn't work for you!

Not sure that helps you though!