Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What's everyone up to?

ME? I just realized it's been over a week since I blogged. I've been busy catching up on things. Going to SG seems to put me out of whack with my housecleaning-NOT that I care all that much about that. But who wants a dirty house all the time-LOL. It took me two days to mop all the floors but they are done. I cleaned out Seth's room-removing all of his Little People toys that he doesn't play with and finding all his little bitty Legos he's scattered to the far ends of the earth (OK-so that's a slight exaggeration!).

I have been scrapping but dont' feel like messing with Blogger to upload them right now-lazy me. Well that and the fact that three of the LO's were for the SG Newsletter so I won't upload them until after June 1st anyway. :P~~~

Pat was put on mandatory leave starting May 28th and through June 10th. He's got some use it or lose it leave built up and his Team Chief is making everyone take leave. He has taken ANY since August 2005 so I guess he's past due. Besides he NEEDS some down time. Even the kids have begun to notice his stress level. Tyler told me the other day that he wishes daddy would go back to being a regular MP because his new job is making him mean. :( He's right-he IS more jumpy lately. Sigh.... He starts a school in July though and I suspect that he will calm down at that time.

Back to leave-my sister and her kids were supposed to come for a week long visit beginning May 25th, but due to some budget restraints she couldn't come. Then Pat had a hare-brained idea to see if they could help us come visit them while he's on leave. See it would cost them more than double what it would cost us because of the type of vehicle they drive. We drive a mini van. LOL...So they are giving us half the gas money and we are driving down on the 28th to stay with them for a weekend. We are hoping to stop in San Antonio to see my friend, Ryann and her family for one night before driving back home. Still crossing my fingers on that one!

Today I got a surprise. I had just finished working out and taking a shower. I was getting dressed and standing in front of the mirror above the sink which only shows me from the chest up. I glanced at myself and went whoa what is that? LOL...it was muscle on my arms and shoulders. Yay...it takes me forever and a day to build muscle so I was happy to see it.

I also braved Wal-Mart with the kids today which will NOT be happening again. GRRR...but never mind on their bad behavior....I was in line behind a woman buying baby food and commented on the way that Gerber is packaging the foods now. I like it and said that we didn't get to use it because Emily wouldn't eat the stuff. I mentioned that she was over a year old before we could get her to eat solids and that of 5 kids she was the only one to do that! The lady's eyes bugged and looked at me and said, "YOU have had five kids! " Me="yeah...." "you look GREAT". THANK YOU.....LOL... It's the little things that make one feel good about oneself, huh?

OK I talk to much....ROTFLOL....off of here

2 comments:

Momma Roar said...

A surprise for me would have been for me to get the chance to work out and get a shower...in the same day...LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you around chica mama. AND, I think you look great for having five kids too! Quit worrying so darn much!