Yep nothing to talk about. Which is why I shouldn't be blogging tonight-LOL...well so it's not really true anyway.
I went to the doctor today. I hate going to the doctor. HATE IT. A year ago, I started getting a migraine. Immediately the left side of my face went numb, all the way down my left arm. It scared me to death and I rushed off to the ER. I got there and told the dude at the counter what was going on and they put me in a quiet dark place (by that time the migraine was full-blown but my face was still numb).I sat there for almost 4 hours before they took me back in where the doctors would see me...sat another hour and a half...by that time dh had come by to check on me and I had started feeling better. Since the nurse told me that sometimes migraines can cause stroke like symptoms and that it was probably ONLY that, I went HOME to rest where it was much quieter. The next day (still had the migraine and I was starting to hurt again) I had an appointment and saw a nurse practitioner who gave me a lovely shot to relieve the migraine.
Fast forward...I start having memory loss. Weird things. Nothing specific. I put it off as being busy. Then one day I tried to help Garret do a double digit multiplication problem. I couldn't remember how. I couldn't remember the process-PERIOD. It took me half an hour to remember finally. It scared me. Now for those of you who forget things all the time-let me give you some background. I had at one time an almost photographic memory. I can still tell you the dress I was wearing the day that my father kidnapped me. I can remember the color of the carpet in the car that my mom drove a few months later when she located me and put me in the floorboard to take me HOME. I can remember lots of things. I can remember the birth weight of all of my kids-EXCEPT Emily...I have to look every single time, I can't remember. I would tell you now but I can't remember. This bothers me. It scares me-hence the doctor's appointment.
This doctor I saw today was APALLED that I hadn't been tested for a stroke a year ago. I am having a CT Scan on the 5th. My blood pressure is up a little bit so am going to have to cut back on my sodium too. bleh-getting old sucks-LOL.
So I know nothing...oh we are back to nothing again-LOL.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Well that is stinky! I just know everything will turn out ok. But, if you had a mini-stroke, I'd really do something about it with the doctor you initially saw.
Prayers to you my friend.
Keep us posted!!
Ok.
You need to tell all of us immediatley what the results are.
Everything will be ok....I know! Why do I know? Because you are MY TARA & I will have it no other way.
OH my goodness Tara - I'm so sorry!!!
Keeping you in my prayers sweet!
Hugs,
Lissa
From a migraine suffer, I can't believe they didn't do a CT scan to rule out a stoke or brain tumor. I had one when I first started having these 25 years ago. I now give myself a shot (which hasn't been working too well these last two days). Big hugs Tara!
That is scary! Prayers to you and keep us posted!
Yikes, Tara! I'll add you to my prayer journal, and definitely let me know how it goes.
Yikes, Tara! I'll add you to my prayer journal, and definitely let me know how it goes.
Keeping you in my thoughts Tara. Please keep us updated.
Oh, my friend, welcome to the club! I will be 38 this year, and it just plain and siple STINKS. One of my friends who turned 40 last week was telling me: After 35, just about every morning I wake up with a new ailment - every day!
Yup, welcome to becoming our MOMS!
By the way, I didn't know that about you. Must have been confusing and scary to be kidnapped by your dad!
Lots of hugs, my friend!
I have had migraines since I was about 9 0r 10. The same thing happened to me about 5 years ago. The tested me 4 day later for a stroke. It was inconclusive. I have some movement issues now. My right leg does not always work right, and my right little finger wont move sometimes. I know know how you feel. It is hard to deal with , especially when you are a mom and have so much to deal with anyway.Keep your chin up. You will be in my prayers.
Big hugs Tara! Let us know what you find out. And I think if it turns out you did have a stroke I'd sue the pants off that first doctor for not checking it out!
OMG Tara.. This is so scary.. I would be so mad at that doctor.. Make sure you tell us as soon as you know okay...
I hope your medical care takeas you to the right places this time! :( I'll be watching to see what you find out and thinking lots of postitive thoughts.
Try really hard not to dwell on it too much! :(
I will certainly be lifting you up in prayer with this, Tara. I didn't know that story from your childhood, that must have been a scary time for you.
Changing the subject, I like the new look!
Post a Comment